Need advice...substitute for P90X Yoga X

Options
Okay, So I need advice. I am not a Yoga person. I have not the coordination, nor the patience to do it. While I can see where it would benefit me to do it, I just cannot muster through it. I am in Phase 2 of P90x and have substituted cardio x for the yoga in phase 1 (I did it in week 1, but could not bring myself to go back to it for week 2).

What can I do (exercise/workout/or P90x workout-wise) to substitute for Yoga and still get some of the benefits? Is substituting cardio for yoga okay? Honestly, i know little of yoga except that it makes me sweat and fall over. usually in that order.

Any thoughts or suggestions here are appreciated. (unless you're going to tell me to suck it up and do Yoga X, haha)
Thanks!

Replies

• chubybuny
    chubybuny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished P90X.. I didn't mind the yoga except that time!! OMG. As if you already are not spending all your time either exercising or following the nutritional guidelines. I substituted Kempo or a 2 mile run for Yoga. Still got good results. Hope that helps!!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i never ever did or do the yoga x either lol (i mean i did it twice and on the second time was like, "yeah screw this!!") to me, it hurts and the amount of pain and time I have to put into is not worth the small amount of calories burned...

anyway, i usually go for a run or combination of running and walking on yoga day, when the whether is crappy, i do cardio x.

i think any kind of cardio exercise would be fine.
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I was doing P90X I was doing the lean program which included yoga but not Plyo, so I did the plyo instead because the yoga was WAY too long and WAY too boring for me lol.
  • leeanndelcourt
    leeanndelcourt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh My goodness! I HATE the yoga, too...... I do an Insanity workout or go for a run on the Yoga days....or just something I enjoy doing, maybe a lazy walk or my own stretching.......I feel like I have ADHD when I start the yoga b/c I know what's coming and how many times I have to repeat the same move and it drives me NUTS...... lol.......Anyways......it's ok to switch it up for something you enjoy doing! great job for doing P90X! Great strength training!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I love yoga but I despise the P90x version!! It's just evil!!

I just got Jillian Michael's Total Yoga Meltdown so we'll see how that is! :)
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    P90x yoga is intense and I do 30/60 miniutes of yoga every morning. a really good beginner video is crunches joy of yoga. and I would say the video is only 30 mins do it right after or before p90x and your body will thank you for it. Thats what Im doing and on yoga day I will do an hour and a half of yoga but at my own pace. The benefits of yoga come from breathing and concentrating on lengthening your muscles and p90x Im not doing anything but trying to keep up.
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has skimped out on Yoga! Great suggestions! This eased my conscience. lol.