Well Hello Everyone!

Options
awagz
awagz Posts: 21 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Ashley and I am brand new to this site.
I have always considered myself active, but since being married I have packed on the pounds. I have tried various "diets" with moderate success, but I never felt like they were helping me change my lifestyle for long term success. My husband and I are thinking of starting a family and I want to be able to have a very healthy pregnancy. That's a big reason for taking off the extra pounds.
Anyways, I'm here to try something new (I have a good feeling about this). I am a beginner runner and cyclist, and am beginning to love getting up in the morning to exercise! I'm just not very good about eating healthy consistently.
Anyways, I would love to get to know some people going through the same weight loss journey.

Replies

• Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I lost 30lbs prior to getting pregnant and am now trying to lose another 30 post-baby. It's a long road, but hopefully we can help motivate each other!
  • stephski07
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome to MFP!

We would like another baby too which is part of the reason we're losing the weight. I think you will have huge success if you already enjoy exercise.

Good Luck, add me if you'd like! xxx.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    I interested to hear that people are losing weight to have babies....and i really do want a son. hmmm...

Well i'll talk it over with the hubby.
    Good luck.!
  • coracbeck
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I just lost a baby in late May and am hoping to be down 15 pounds before we start trying again in September. Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend. More people to help us motivate one another! :)
  • neha_patel
    Options
    Hi!
    My name's Neha, I am not going through the same reasons for loosing weight as you but I am still trying to loose it as best as possible.
    I am sure you will have loads of fun and success at my fitness pal! It's a great site and you learn to make healthier foods choices which not only allow you to loose weight but also make you feel so much better about yourself :)
    I lost weight when I first joined but then I gained it back, however I eventually came back to my fitness pal recently and although I haven't lost any weight yet I feel so much better about myself.

Add me if you want - you will find that your friends give you lots of motivation when you feel like not sticking to healthy food options!

p.s. if possible get the app for my fitness pal on your phone/ iPod touch/ iPad - it is amazing as you can track food on the go (even without internet) so when you are out you can still make healthy choices!

Hope you achieve you weight loss goals :)

xxx