Plateaus

Options
Is it possible to be stuck on a plateau for oh....for like 2 1/2 or 3 months? Or am I just not being honest with myself about my eating? I cannot get past the 160 mark and I'm about to go nuts!! Feel free to bring on the tough love. I might need it! :)

Replies

• lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Is it possible to be stuck on a plateau for oh....for like 2 1/2 or 3 months? Or am I just not being honest with myself about my eating? I cannot get past the 160 mark and I'm about to go nuts!! Feel free to bring on the tough love. I might need it! :)
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 192lbs for about that long until today... But I know I wasnt being honest with myself... I was keeping track some what... I was not really exercising... I was not drinking all my water.. I had one too many cheat DAYS not meals. :grumble: Only you know if you are being honest or not. So get your butt in gear girl!! Your almost there!! :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    either is possible. How many calories are you eating? what kinds of foods do you eat? Do you log EVERYTHING? Are you exercising? How much and what types? Do you eat your exercise calories? Are you taking measurements and if so have they changed at all over that time period? There are lots of factors that could be affefcting it.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    either is possible. How many calories are you eating? what kinds of foods do you eat? Do you log EVERYTHING? Are you exercising? How much and what types? Do you eat your exercise calories? Are you taking measurements and if so have they changed at all over that time period? There are lots of factors that could be affefcting it.

ALL GOOD QUESTIONS!!! Make sure you aren't eating too few or too many calories!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Plateus happen. Our body gets used to what we are doing. What has worked for me in the past it to shake things up. I know it sounds crazy but go to maint. cals for a week, then come back down to weight loss mode.

or change your exercise routine. During one plateau I stopped the elliptical and started walking-burning 100 less calories but seeing a loss for the 1st time in 3 weeks.

I am really slowing down, as I am within 20 pounds of goal weight. I am stalled again and this time I decided to measure all my food, just like 5 months ago when I started.

Turns out I was eating 1400-1500 a day. We must be honest with ourselves, as we are the ones who lose.

Good luck, keep up the great work!:drinker:
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks ladies...I think I need to get in the mind set of logging ALL calories EVERYDAY until I get to my goal weight, because I might not being doing as good as I think. Carrie6o6 I think you pretty much nailed it on the head. I'm not gaining weight because I'm religious about exercising (I put in good time), but not always with logging.

Thanks again! Think I might start measuring myself too to help motivate me.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Only you know if you are being honest with yourself. If you are, and are not losing you may want to take a few days to eat extra calories. YOur body might be feeling deprived. Then get back on track and see if that helps. You should take a day a week to eat the full amount of calories that your body needs for the day (not your BMI that is what your body needs at rest) probably around 1800 calories. Also you could try switching up your exercise routine. You body gets use to doing the same thing over and over and sometimes it just needs a change.