Still hungry

Options
Ok I just ate dinner and I am still hungry I only ate 996 calories today but I went over my suger? Should I eat more?? How do I do that without having my suger go up more.

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Ok I just ate dinner and I am still hungry I only ate 996 calories today but I went over my suger? Should I eat more?? How do I do that without having my suger go up more.

996 calories a day is too low. You need to eat at least 1500 calories a day.
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    yes, definitely eat more..

Just try and get some protein in...eggs....fish....ground turkey burger? (no bun though!)

Hope this helps!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat more. Worry more about getting above 1200 calories than staying below sugar. With all that fruit and milk you had for breakfast, it would be nearly impossible for you to not go over. Don't worry about the fruit sugars.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Eat.

Eat.
  • francena84
    Options
    1st of all dont worry about the sugar, 2nd of all EAT!! If your hungry EAT
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Where are your sugars coming from? It makes a huge difference if they're coming from whole foods like fruits vs. candy, cakes, etc. I stopped tracking my sugars and focused on just carbs instead because I eat fruit every day and it was always showing that I was over on sugars even though my carb amounts were in check.

Also agree with previous poster - up those calories by eating some food from veggies and protein sources.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    you could eat some beans or broccoli or another piece of what ever you had for dinner but eat, for one, you are still hungry and no wonder, you are under your calorie goal
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Instead of one egg and three egg whites - add another whole egg....

Also good to get some nuts - almond, walnut etc....
    If your sugar is from fruit don't worry too much

Some low fat cottage cheese, or low fat sour cream is another good option
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Look in your food diary. See where it says "Remaining: 661"?
    There's your answer.
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    When my sugar goes over MFP's limits, I usually subtract fruit sugars in my head(sometime veggies) to get a better estimate. It's ADDED sugars you need to be really concerned about. Of course, that doesn't mean eat all the fruit in the world; too much of anything isn't good for you.

Also...EAT!
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You have to eat more calories!! You should at least eat 1200 calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Like the others said, if your sugars are coming from fresh fruit then I woudln't worry about it as much.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    From what I can see in your diary, most of the sugar is coming from the processed morning cereal. That's what to worry about and what should change. Sugars in fuits and dairy - no worries for those. (unless you are diabetic??)

So, YES Eat More today and split it amonst the protein/fats/carbs in the portions that bring those numbers up.
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Nuts like cashews or almonds are my go to food when I am having hunger problems. They always fill me up. I agree - Definately eat.
  • jenellechan26
    Options
    Definitely try to get your calorie intake to at least 1200 because if you are anywhere below that your body feel like it is starving. Like a previous post stated, try to eat something with a high content of protein because protein takes longer to digest therefore you feel full for a longer period of time :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about natural sugars from milk or fruit. The "sugars" you need to keep away from are white breads, pastries, etc.

In fact, don't even track sugar. Change it to fiber and set that at 25g. That will ensure you get enough GOOD carbs (from whole grains, fruits, and veggies.) If you aren't eating candy and cookies and such, sugar isn't your concern.

Change sugar to fiber and raise your protein a tiny bit, up to you if you take it from carbs, fat, or a little from both. But the protein is too low. You never changed it did you? I think MFP default is 15% and that is pathetic. Most people aim for 25 or 30. It should be close to 100g.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Eat.

Eat.

Eat.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Eat.

Eat.

Eat.