calling a shopping cart a buggy

Options
2»

Replies

• tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Grocery store.
    Cart - my husband calls it a buggy - sometimes I think he does it just to annoy me.
    Soda - I live in NE Ohio - just about everyone calls it pop but my daughter hates that term so now she's got me calling it soda
    Coke is Coke.
  • LisaStanley500
    LisaStanley500 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    buggy, grocery store, Coke, Proud Texan...
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm a southern girl (GA born and raised)...it's a buggy and any type of soda is called a Coke (I do live where Coke was created, lol).
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I call it a cart. And the buy who brings them back in the store is the "CART-man!" said in Kyle's little brother Ike's voice.

It's the grocery store, but usually I'm more specific and use the store's name. Wegman's (Also said like Ike), Shur-Save, or Price Chopper, but it's pronounced "Price Choppah" in an Arnold Schwartzenegger voice. As in the movie Predator, "Get to the choppah!" "Get to the Price Choppah!"

I try to make the mundane tasks fun.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    yep its a buggy ..... and its all coke.... although i did learn to adjust to the term soda when i had to live in other states as the northwest just does not call it all coke (and you might actually get a coke instead of what you want) and pop just sounds wrong.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    My "grandma" says she "has to go make water" when she has to pee...very weird to me. And she calls water "tonic."
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I call it a grocery getter
    That's what I call my "other" car.

you beat me to it..lol... thats what I was thinking too... grocery getter ... little pos car thats not good for much else but getting groceries or going from point A to point B
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It is so funny to hear other people’s terminology. I am convinced Alaska is the only state without an accent (Sarah Palin in no way represents us). We say shopping cart and soda, Coke is referring to a brand and pop just sounds funny. I though buggy was a British thing.
    Well, that's because very few of us are native to Alaska! (I, depending on the day have a North Dakotan accent, but piss me off and I sound like I'm from Texas, LOL), but I agree shopping cart and soda (although I will tell my kids to throw something in the "basket" when I hand them something in Fred Meyer.

~~Veronica
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It's a grocery store and I call it a cart or basket. When I have the kids it's a cart and when it's just me or DH and I it's a basket.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    And ALL soda, whether it's Coca-Cola or Pepsi or Mt. Dew or Sprite or Mellow Yellow -- It's ALL called "Coke."

So true...would you like a Coke? sure what kind?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    We use a trolly to shop in a supermarket. We put the shopping away, not the groceries and we drink a dietcoke/coke/tango/lilt/whatever. Some might say 'fizzy drink'. We never call it soda or pop!

London, England, UK :bigsmile:
  • ma66ie72
    ma66ie72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i like to call my motorcycle my sex machine.

ROFLMAO! typical.
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm from Alabama. It's a buggy.

I was going to say just that! Wecome to the country!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    ooohhh I'd like to do this in Bostonian please? I get in my cahh (vehicle), drive to the stooha (grocery store), grab a caht (shopping cart), buy some tonic (soda or pop whatever you people call it), and pay with my credit cahd (plastic).

Oh wait a minute, you know what I really call the cart (caht)? A grocery carriage. I just saw someone post "go put it in the cart" and I remember my mom saying put it in the carriage.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    when I moved to the south the whole "get a buggy" thing confused me. I was like WTF is a buggy?
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Here Downunder it's a shopping trolley. Soda here is soft drinks...We call the supermarket by it's name.. For example: if we shop at Woolworth's, we say Woolies....

A buggy is what a horse pulls.....
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Bama too! It's a buggy, goin to the store, and gonna get some coke ( dr pepper)
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    buggy, grocery store, Coke, Proud Texan...

hehe. What she said, except I'm in Georgia, not Texas.