I am newly active in the community here

Options
I have used this site for a while but kept to myself until recently. I am recommitting myself to getting fit and want to improve my eating habits. Though I am fairly good at not eating junk food, I have cut out pop/soda, few boxed foods at my house and I go for the veggies at parties instead of downing tons of chips.

I started running this year, so far I have a 5K and 10K done and I have 2 more 10Ks and 1 more 5K race to go this season. But I am looking to up the intensity and kick my weightloss into high gear. I need to lose 25-30 lbs.

What I have seen of these message boards so far have been positive.

Cheers to one and all!

Replies

• rj_knitnchick
    Options
    I was just using this site to track my food and exercises. But after a while I started to slack off. That is when I started looking at some of the post in the community. I am in the middle of a month long challenge on the community site. Their are bunches of challenges that go on from time to time and it has really help to kick my butt in to gear.

It is always better with people who can relate to what you are going through.

Best of luck on your runs. Impressive.
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    I was just using this site to track my food and exercises. But after a while I started to slack off. That is when I started looking at some of the post in the community. I am in the middle of a month long challenge on the community site. Their are bunches of challenges that go on from time to time and it has really help to kick my butt in to gear.

It is always better with people who can relate to what you are going through.

Best of luck on your runs. Impressive.