Melissa from Texas

Options
Hi, I'm Melissa and a friend of mine is using this program with great results. I hope to follow in her footsteps. I am here to lose about a 1lb a week and boy do I have a lot to learn! I wasted all my calories today on coffee and soda. Better luck tomorrow.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You gotta start somewhere, it will get easier.. you can do it.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa from Texas. I'm Melissa from Michigan! :D Always great to meet another Melissa!
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa. I'm from Dallas. Hang in there! It works!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    jrich is right... it does get easier... the starting is hard.
    MFP is an awesome community full of tons of awesome people.
    Friend me if you want. Always looking to support new people in the battle. :)
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hi Melissa from Texas! Good luck....Lisa from California!
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa from Texas I am in Dallas it yes it will get easier. Just stick with it.
  • alc720
    alc720 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hello! Good luck and keep on going, you can do it!!!!! =)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa :) I'm also from Texas...as long as you set your mind everything else will follow. Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • tommys
    tommys Posts: 61
    Options
    Hello and welcome Melissa from Texas! Welcome to MFP! Things will get easier as you progress and monitor calories. You can eat whatever you want just be prepared to work it off! Move more eat less and make what you eat count! I'm not all there yet but I am getting there. You can do this, you are in control! Best of luck to you! Tommy from Oklahoma! :-)
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    Laura from Texas!

Since I've been on this site, I've noticed before I'll even put something in my mouth I check the back of the package to see how many calories it has in it. I find it's okay to go over every once in awhile, as long as it's not by much and not real often. We all have to splurge every now and then right!? Since late October 2010, I've lost about 15-16 pounds, although I was slacking quite a bit there for a few months. But with my wedding gown fitting coming soon (next weekend!) I have been busting my booty with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (I highly recommend it!).

It gets easier...and this is coming from someone who would eat out of boredom.

Good luck!!!
  • NaloMeli
    NaloMeli Posts: 17
    Options
    Big grin - I used to be Melissa from Michigan (Norway, upper Pen.)!

Thanks for all the well wishes...going into my first weekend - Yikes!
  • cantina920
    cantina920 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tina from Texas. Losing one pound a week is a very reasonable goal. Good luck!