Crap!!!!!

Options
I have messed up and binged the past 2 days and no workout!!! I can;t afford to gain back the weight! Do I eat small tomorrow and double my workout to make up for it and lower my total weekly caloric intake???

HELP I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    dont worry about yesterday or last week. just worry about the day at hand. you cant go back and you cant save up. just work one day at a time, no worries. two days of eating everything under the sun, sometimes is good.

dont worry about it
  • socialite1
    socialite1 Posts: 109
    Options
    Just got back to what you were doing before. If you workout extra hard, you'll need the calories so eating less won't really fix the problem. Remember this should be a lifestyle change. Get back on the wagon and put the past behind you. Good luck!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Don't freak! Just move forward. It'll all be ok. Eat your normal calories and workout. Double up if you want, that would be ok. FORGET ABOUT THE PAST. Seriously. You still need to eat how you NORMALLY would. If you eat less your metabolism will slow down. You don't want that.

ETA: also, if you do double up your workout remember you need to eat those cals!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    What do you mean can't afford to gain back the weight? Binging + no exercise = weight gain. That's simply the consequence of that choice. But now you can make the choice to eat right and exercise. Don't do something drastic to counteract the binge, but learn from it and move on.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    I wouldnt eat smaller, just lighter...salads, fruit and veggies. get everything but nothing too fatty.
    workout how you normally work maybe get an extra 20 min walk at the end of the day.
    we all fall off the horse, just get back on and keep going. good luck!
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's in the past, can't change it...forget it. Just do better starting tomorow.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Just eat and exercise within your goals tomorrow and keep going. We all have our days when we go a little crazy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Clean slate starting right... NOW!

If you try to exercise more and eat less, then that's viewing exercising and eating moderately as punishment. It's not punishment. It's the exact opposite! :smile: Exercising and eating right is how you show your body you care.

What's done is done. Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • LCDMomma
    LCDMomma Posts: 67
    Options
    Just forget the last 2 days. Tomorrow is another day. I'm just starting out on my weight-loss journey so I may not have the best advice but I say get back on the wagon and don't punish yourself.
  • Pridgenization
    Pridgenization Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you drink plenty of water for the next day or two. I have heard that it helps to flush out some of the excess.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Clean slate starting right... NOW!

If you try to exercise more and eat less, then that's viewing exercising and eating moderately as punishment. It's not punishment. It's the exact opposite! :smile: Exercising and eating right is how you show your body you care.

What's done is done. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Very well said! :happy:
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I pigged out for 4 days and gained 3 pounds. I just got back on track instead of doubling up on exercise the next day. I did eat lighter and drank lots of lemon water to detox.

Its taken me a week to lose that damn 3 pounds!!!
  • mandyP79
    mandyP79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that post! I have gotten off track the past few days too but tomorrow I will pick myself up and keep going. It is extremely hard and I understand how you feel..I had Hawaiian bread and a few bits of my daughters pasta tonight and yesterday I had a cupcake and now regretting it. I'm not going to let it stop me from going forward. We should keep in touch for encouragement..I know I need it on days like I have had.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    The fact that you feel guilty is a sign that you know what you're supposed to do. You feel really bad and you don't want to feel like that again. Look at this as a what not to do experience but learn from it don't dwell on it. You can't change it but you can avoid it in the future.
    As already stated it can actually help when you hit a plateau so save it for that. I would say you've turned a very important corner. Welcome to the clean side. The eating is great over here. LOL
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Doubling up on workouts or decreasing your calorie intake to average out the bad days does not make up for the bad previous days. It doesn't work like that. Once the day is done, it is done. So you start fresh. It's a constant battle but it is a win-able war. Keep at it. In no time, your not so good days will be outweighed by your awesome days. You can do it!
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would just start over. don't try to make up by starving yourself and over working yourself and maybe causing injury. Just start fresh.. you have not ruined everything. You will be okay.. drink lots of water - if you gain anything - its most likely water weight!! Drink, drink, drink!!! you'll be okay!
  • nanettehansen
    Options
    I did the same thing... the only difference is that I can honestly say I enjoyed the weekend; I don't feel an ounce of guilt and I know that I'm trying to win the overall war, not just the battle. I say enjoy the weekend with no regrets and get back on track today! We have to have fun and enjoy.
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Options
    I did that too this past weekend. Add what you ate so it can re-calculate your calories for the week. Just start over tomorrow. Dont beat yourself up. You will be great. Its okay
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If and when I screw up I usually try to "burn back" some of the excess but I agree with the others; you can't burn it all back in one day.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    To workout hard you need proper nutrition, if you eat "small" as you say and workout double your body may not react well. Do a little extra on the workout side but make sure you eat enough.