Give me your best dinner recipe!!

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
I want your best simple yummy dinner recipe!!

Replies

• 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Marinade salmon fillet in a little bit of honey and soy sauce (I only marinade it for an hour or 2)

Grill the salmon along with some asparagus and brocolini with a bit of salt, pepper and olive oil spray.

That's a super easy, healthy, yummy meal which I have a LOT!
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Two slices light wheat bread, sugar free grape jelly, and all natural crunchy peanut butter...bam!
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    grilled chicken cutlets
    peanut sauce
    brown rice
    yum!!!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    We just had shrimp boil for dinner tonight. Boil small whole red potatoes in a big pot of water, with Louisiana Shrimp and Crab boil. When the potatoes are done, take them out and toss in corn on the cob. When that is about done, put in your shrimp, still in the shell. These only take just a few minutes to boil, if you boil them too long they get tough. Boil just until they turn pink. Simple, and yummy! We have this at least twice a month.
  • mleb2005
    mleb2005 Posts: 45
    Options
    Ranch Pork Chops on the Grill with a side of French Onion Soup. Super low in calories, and super yummy.

I just use about a table spoon of the ranch seasoning (the kind you use to make the dip) as a rub for the pork chops, less than one table spoon covers more than two. Just grill them and they are super yummy.

Cugino's - Ridiculously Delicious! - Baked Burgundy French Onion Soup - I bought it at Wal-Mart in the soup isle, it called for 7 cups of water but I added 8 because it was really strong. After the addition it was delicious and something for me to dip my pork chop in (like a low cal au jus). It only added up to 45 calories per cup of the soup..not to shabby.
  • jaunelle
    jaunelle Posts: 10
    Options
    Eat Clean Stuffed Shells (Vegan)

Stuff Manicotti shells with sauteed (w/onions) soy crumbles; cottage cheese; spinach; and a little parmesan

Cover with spaghetti sauce and two slices of low fat mozzarella.

Bake for 30 minutes

DELISH!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Sautee chopped chicken breast in olive oil or olive oil spray with some kind of salty seasoning or steak seasoning. Melt in 1-2 tbsp cream cheese and 1 tbsp buffalo sauce until all melted together. Eat it over rice (I prefer steamed white rice) and add a veggie. Spray with butter spray and sprinkle a little parmesan. So yummy.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any recipe from skinnytaste.com.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i just made boneless skinless chicken thighs baked with mushrooms and red bell pepper.

preheat oven to 375

you take 6- boneless thighs and sprinkle italian seasoning, pinch of salt/pepper on each side. heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan and lightly brown thighs up. maybe 2 min on each side. before you turn it over add 2 cloves of garlic. then take the chicken out and put into a glass baking dish. add sliced mushrooms (about 3/4 cup or more, depends on how much you like mushrooms) to the pan with 1 bell pepper sliced or chopped, whatever you think is prettier :)) and lightly sautee in remaining olive oil. then put it over chicken and put foil over the baking dish. put in the oven for about 40 mins or until chicken is no longer pink ( i usually leave mine in longer because i would rather have overcooked chicken than pink chicken, LOL) serve with mashed potatoes and a salad :))
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    oh and don't be afraid to over due the italian seasoning... it adds soo much flavor, even if you put a tad too much, it will taste awesome!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Bump! YUM!
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    if you like indian inspired food, this recipe is a winner.

Ingredients
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    2 white onions, halved and sliced into 1/2 rings
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 cup lentils
    2 cups water
    1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    freshly ground black pepper to taste
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    Directions
    1.Heat oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Saute onion for 10 minutes or so, until it begins to turn golden. Add minced garlic and saute for another minute or so.
    2.Add lentils and water to the saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer about 35 minutes, until lentils are soft ( this may take less time, depending on your water and the lentils).
    3.Meanwhile cook the spinach in microwave according to package directions. Add spinach, salt and cumin to the saucepan. Cover and simmer until all is heated, about ten minutes. Grind in plenty of pepper and press in extra garlic to taste.
    Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 165 | Total Fat: 4.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg

Edit* i use chicken broth instead of water and i also added a pinch of turmeric to mine, you dont have to but it ups the indian flavor if you like that kind of thing.

I put this over 1/2 a cup of rice (150 cal) and usually have fish on the side. I love fish and try to eat it atleast 2-3 times a week. This recipe is also very good with boneless skinless chicken thighs ( cut in pieces) sear the chicken then add at the same point u add the spinach and simmer till done.

sidenote: i prefer chicken thighs and have read on various sites that they are just as healthy as breasts and with skin removed only a vary tiny tiny bit more fat and i practically trim all the fat off that i see when i cut it up.

I also recommend becoming a Sparkpeople.com member (free) i get daily recipe emails plus there is alot of health info there as well.
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Our favorite dinner at my house is Salsa Chicken in the crockpot. Serve it over rice, pasta, or shred it and use in fajitas. It's been listed before but here it is again: 3 to 6 frozen breasts, 1 can cheddar cheese soup mixed with 1 Cup salsa and 1 pack of low sodium Taco Seasoning Mix. Put on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-5. I fix steamed broccoli as a side-- yummy and something my family will eat too. :-)
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Our favorite dinner at my house is Salsa Chicken in the crockpot. Serve it over rice, pasta, or shred it and use in fajitas. It's been listed before but here it is again: 3 to 6 frozen breasts, 1 can cheddar cheese soup mixed with 1 Cup salsa and 1 pack of low sodium Taco Seasoning Mix. Put on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-5. I fix steamed broccoli as a side-- yummy and something my family will eat too. :-)
    MMM YUMMM!
  • leyna6388
    Options
    bump