Always over

zacpants
zacpants Posts: 8
After a week of doing a food diary each day i am always over on sugar, looking at my diary this is because I have had fruit usually a banana and melon! Any ideas how I can bring it down I'm not a big fruit fan nut can manage these, usually before i would get my fruit through a smoothies!

Also while I'm here I'm Not getting much protien, this us probably because I'm a vegetarian I eat a lot of pulses and beans but just don't reach my target! Any ideas if increasing my protien, I tend to verge on vegan at times as im not keen on cheese! (will eat couple of types)

This week has been different as has been home alone and been
Able to eat what i want to eat and not cook for the family!

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    don't worry about fruit from sugar, i mean you don't want to eat a ton of fruit but if you eat 2 or 3 fruits a day it's good for you.

i stopped tracking my sugar for this reason and MFP is low on the amount of sugar they think you should have.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    don't worry about fruit from sugar, i mean you don't want to eat a ton of fruit but if you eat 2 or 3 fruits a day it's good for you.

i stopped tracking my sugar for this reason and MFP is low on the amount of sugar they think you should have.

Agreed and Ditto :-)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Protein do you eat tofu, tempeh, wheat gluten, lentils, or grains like quinoa?
  • If you are worried about your protien, might wanna try a protein shake, although I don't know much about these as I've never had them
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Yeah I took the sugar off my diary for that same reason. I'm more worried about getting enough protein and fiber. So long as your calories stay good and your fats are in check then don't worry about the sugar.
  • dmouse0225
    dmouse0225 Posts: 104
    My new favorite ways to get protein are Flat-Out Wraps multi-grain (100 cal. and I think 9g of protein) - I like these with Hummus, and Kashi Go lean crunch (honey/flaxseed)... which I think also has 9 grams. Not sure if they are Vegan, but worth checking out!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I was looking for different proteins too. I got quinoa, tofu, fish. I get tired of chicken ( I guess you wouldnt eat the fish anyway)
This discussion has been closed.