KFC Mashed Potatoes Question

Options
While trying to log my Dinner for this evening I realized that I can not find the calorie count for a large order of mashed potatoes from KFC anywhere. The only large order in the database here says 1 serving is 1 cup but I'm pretty sure there is more than 1 cup in an order but I'm really bad at estimating how many cups there are. KFC's website only has nutritional value for an individual side. So I figured if I at least knew how many ounces were in it I could figure it out but I can't find this info either. I googled, I searched, I even called KFC's 1-800 customer service number but even they didn't know! She said they aren't provided with that information but she could put in a report for me to try to find out.
So my question...Does anyone out there know what size a large mashed potatoes actually is? Or has someone else maybe already had their report completed?

Replies

• Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Do you still have the container?
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do but I looked on the bottom to see if it had the volume listed (cause some do) but no luck =(
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Is that the size you get with a "family" meal? If so, I would imagine 1 container has 4 servings, since the typ. family is 4 people. Just a guess, but better than beating your brain over it much longer :-)
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    approximate it as much as u can , put some extra rather then less u can t be fundamentally wrong :)
  • Picklepower
    Options

I saw that page. It is also just for an individual side, not a large order. But thank you anyway =)
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    http://calorielab.com/restaurants/kfc/2

???

hope this helps:glasses:
  • Timeforme714
    Options
    Fill the container with water and pour it into a one cup measuring cup and dump it out, fill, dump, until you count 'em all.
  • Picklepower
    Options
    Fill the container with water and pour it into a one cup measuring cup and dump it out, fill, dump, until you count 'em all.

Good Idea! Thank you!! :happy: Now why couldn't I have thought of that...lol.
  • Timeforme714
    Options
    See, I have a lot of experience with measuring large amounts of food. LOL:laugh:
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The food industry typically sticks with the same sizes for everything. I would imagine it would be a quart. Things usually run cup, bowl, pint, quart. I would find it ridiculous for them to make an awkward size that was 48 ounces or something. Plus a quart would make sense as the avg family is 4 people.
  • jernigan51
    Options
    My friend and I split one as our lunch the other day! Yum! We counted it as 4 servings in the family size!
  • Picklepower
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! =)
  • nms343627
    nms343627 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I looked up the company that supplies KFC's container for the mashed potatoes and there are 160z. in it. And if you measure there are 2 cups or 4 individual servings. One serving is 120 cal, making the whole container 480.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I looked up the company that supplies KFC's container for the mashed potatoes and there are 160z. in it. And if you measure there are 2 cups or 4 individual servings. One serving is 120 cal, making the whole container 480.

woa! that came out of the blue :wink: :drinker: