Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Brand new here

Hi everyone!

I am on a day 2 of following this plan. So far it has not been hard. I have around 75 pounds to lose and I will need a lot of encouragement. This site seems to offer that :) I have started a diet every Monday for the last 20 plus years (or at least it feels like it) I have been successful for periods of time but hitting a plateau starts me on a downward spiral.

Any advice to keep the motivation alive is greatly appreciated.

I want friends to help and encourage too!!!:smile:

Replies

• laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    My advice is don't just use the scale as a measuring tool, also take your measurements. Also, I've found that when I hit a plateau my measurements and body shape are changing, and then all of a sudden a couple pounds fall off and I'm out of the rut.
    Good luck. This is a fabulous tool. I'll send you a friend request. I'm here to support you if you're here for me!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    The best advice anyone ever gave me was to quit worrying about losing weight and start eating healthy. That was my doctor. I listened and the pounds started coming off. Sadly I lost 30 pounds and it just quit for 3 years! I have lost 8 pounds since I started working out and joined MFP. The members are wonderful. My worst enemy is the scale. I have resolved to only weigh once a month. I am building muscle so the numbers are not going down much. I feel the difference in my clothes and people tell me that I look like I've lost weight... and that feels great! Add me if you like. Remember you are not alone. Everyone here is in this battle with you! Good luck