A fresh start

Options
I joined MFP last week thanks to the prompting of a good friend of mine who started her journey back in March. I've tried to lose weight several times before but never stuck with it long enough to see a major change.

So hello :smile: I've found reading many of the forums to be helpful so far.

I'd like to ask a question : What is the biggest tip you can give me as I start this journey?

Replies

• STARSHINE1975
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new and also joined at the urging of my BFF who started in April!

My biggest tip that I also have to work on is: If you have a bad day (or 2) don't kick yourself too much and tomorrow is a new day to get right back up on that horse. =) I also have a hard time remembering if I go overboard on 1 meal, that doesn't mean the whole day is ruined. Just log it and keep going!

Good luck!
  • purplerose421
    Options
    To stick with it! and be positive and kind to yourself as you go! Also, to try out different foods and exercises! You'll never know what you might like! I guess that was several tips. Also to find good friends on MFP. Feel free to add if you want!
  • ksheppard0509
    Options
    Welcome! This site is really helpful! My biggest tip would be the same as purples, try different exercises and classes. There are so many different ways out there to lose weight and you won't know if you they work for you until you try them. I took a college class where I had to participate in over 10 different fitness classes (yoga, spin, step, cardio-kickboxing, plyometrics, piyo, circuits, cardio, zumba, and resistance training). I was always nervous going into a new class but I found out what works great for me and what I actually enjoy doing. Good luck with your journey. We are here for you!
  • opalescentmirage
    Options
    Thank you for your tips! I am amazed at how much more energy I have and how much better I feel in just the 2 weeks I've been exercising.