Book recommendation!

Options
Hi everyone!

I wanted to let y'all know about a book I've been reading that I've found VERY, VERY helpful. It's called the Self-Compassion diet and it's by Jean Fain. Anyway, it talks mostly about being kind to yourself during your weight loss journey. We all know tips for exercises and calories and things. This book just deals with learning to be positive and love yourself along the way. I'm only half-way through and I've really noticed I've been more positive with myself. Plus, it's helped me to end that back and forth ridiculousness with myself about eating treats: wanting a treat and then beating myself up for that and then binging and then beating myself up for that. I'm being kinder to myself and that's always a success!

Does anyone else have book suggestions that have helped them?

Replies

• YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst

Excellent book about why women overeat and get caught in ruts with exercising. It's also very challenging to your thought process and any excuses you throw out to 'let' yourself indulge over and over again.
  • babemali
    babemali Posts: 12
    Options
    i love to read! i think imma buy it!
    thankyou<3
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I will have to check those books out.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bluetinker31
    Options
    Willing to try anything about now, I have been on a three month downfall from lossing 51lbs. I am so depressed right now that I am not eating have no energy and stay in bed if not just long enough to get out and tend to my kids...I hate this never ending struggle I so want a quick fix but I know there is none out thereand I love fast food I will cook for my family and rather eat out...and if I am hungry but don't want to eat what I have, I just don't eat so I just downloaded it to my phone and will start tonight...I need something or I might just give up
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump! I'm going to look into it :)
  • purplerose421
    Options
    Don't give up, Bluetinker! It is beyond frustrating trying to stick with it. I think how we think about the whole thing does effect our weight loss. I've noticed on those weeks when I'm not stressing about my weight loss, my weight ALWAYS goes down. I hope it helps you at least be kinder to yourself!