On Crutches Needing Help!

Options
So I recently had complete reconstruction surgery on my right ankle due to a gymnastics injury (second surgery in 6 months) and am stuck in crutches and a huge boot for another month. NOT fun. (Although I'm thankful I only had two weeks in a cast). Even though the scale says I lost weight (I'm assuming muscle weight), I just feel so disgusting not being able to do much more than light weights. I feel like I look bigger and just don't feel how I normally do. Is there any way to incorporate some sort of cardio or something to get my heart rate up?? Other than crutching around (starting to get really old!). :sad: I can put partial pressure on my foot which is a start, and within a week from now, I will be solely on my boot (NO MORE CRUTCHES! YAYY), although I can't do any cardio machines, go on long walks, etc. for another month.

Any other tips could be helpful too (new and different exercises, good nutrition tips for being stuck on the couch, etc.)
Could definitely use some major brainstorming and ideas!

Replies

• cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    hey - i'm not sure how helpful i am with tips but i had major surgery in college this semester and can totally relate so feel free to add me if you want. i totally know how frustrating crutches can be. on an unrelated note, saw on your profile you go to Miami University - my sorority was founded there! :)
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    On The Biggest Loser they had a guy who was injured. Jillian Michaels suggested shadow boxing. In her videos she has you do them with weights in your hand.
    Good luck!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools