Really hungry before bed??

Options
Hi I just get really hungry after a couple of days of sticking to my calories in the evening before I go to bed is this normal and what can I fill up on? What to do?

Replies

• jridgway49
    Options
    Same thing happens to me, I just tough thru it and it goes away
  • jillwaller
    Options
    A lot of times you're just thirsty
  • dancer4275
    dancer4275 Posts: 149
    Options
    I just go to bed! haha! or brush my teeth...or take a bath!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Since you KNOW you are gonna get hungry before bed, save up some calories. I always leave 100 calories open for a bedtime snack (usually popcorn, sometimes a cookie, or maybe some crackers).
  • rider797
    rider797 Posts: 52
    Options
    just go to bed :)
  • Krae79
    Krae79 Posts: 49
    Options
    I will drink a big glass of water, that normally kills it for me :smile:
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    That happens to me alot and what seems to work is a glass of chocolate milk.... but only a small glass and it seems to do the trick.
  • karicam
    karicam Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the opposite problem... I never seem to have eaten enough and then get a nice evening snack. I always have lots of veggies at lunch and supper which fill me up for very few calories and eat lower calorie items with them. That leaves me with enough for something nice throughout the evening
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Try just a teaspoon of peanut butter - it's smaller than the serving size of 2 tablespoons and sometimes it's just enough to satisfy your hunger. I agree with the water comments too, but that might interrupt your sleep later. Look at what you are eating for dinner too, I find if I eat any kind of pasta - I am really hungry within a couple of hours. Maybe up your protein and fiber at dinner. Good luck.
  • Rocklizard
    Options
    I'm the same way, and always have been. If I tough it out I get really annoyed and can't keep it up and totally binge on chocolate or potato chips.

Now I save up enough calories for cheerios with milk or Costco Aussie bits (sweet with lots of fiber). Just knowing I have that treat to look forward to defuses the binge.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I can't stand going to bed hungry, I can't even fall asleep. I'll have a low calorie snack like a granola bar or a yogurt.
  • iheartfitness
    iheartfitness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too with me when I started on this site - so I just end up pouring some crystal light and water and the sweetness helps curb the hunger and I can usually go to sleep then. Sometimes I sleep it off but that usually takes longer when I don't do anything about it. :)
  • cameralinds
    Options
    I ask myself if I'm really hungry, if I'll eat a lean piece of turkey, plain by itself. If I want it, I'll take it. If not, then I'm not really hungry.

Drink water, brush your teeth, or go to bed. Or chew gum. Or find a low calorie food to snack on!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 almonds... just enough
  • MamaMizzle
    MamaMizzle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just asked this same question the other day because this is the area that I really struggle with as well!! Someone suggested that I chew gum (tried it & it works). Make sure you are drinking enough water (sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger). Tonight, I chewed gum, had some snacks because I had calories left and then completed my food entries for the evening. Somehow, that last part actually helps me to be like, "Okay, that's it, no more! You can eat in the morning!" Also, keep yourself busy, try not to watch to much tv. Be self aware and make sure you are not eating out of boredom or for other emotional reasons.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I always eat before bed and try to stay superhydrated throughout the day. Have some cottage cheese or an apple and peanut butter.....I think the whole "don't eat x amount of hours before bed" is a myth......if you go over one day it won't kill your results, just plan for a pre bedtime snack tomorrow and in the future. Good luck
  • jridgway49
    Options
    I usually have calories left expecially when I've had a good workout day, I don't eat all my calories back, when I go to bed hungry I wake up with a flatter stomach and I love that sight, too bad it only lasts for a short amount of time in the morning, Oh well one of these days I'm hoping it will stay flat lol
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try to adjust your meal times so that you don't go more than 3 hrs between your last meal and bedtime. A qiuck protein shake or even a hard boiled egg can keep the hunger in check. I always have a meal around 9-10pm, allocated in my calorie sked.
  • snobuny032
    Options
    I'm thinking you should try stagering your calorie intake.. such as 1300 S1500 M 1300 T 1300 W 1500 TH 1300 F (example) so you get the drift.. It works and also helps if you are at a plateau.
  • ido10612
    ido10612 Posts: 51
    Options
    same here. i started eating dinner later and after that chew gum. Extra has dessert gum now. I just got done chewing mint chocolate chip ice cream gum. soooo good they also have key lime pie and strawberry shortcake!