dont feel like going for a walk,.. let-a-lone a jog!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Its not you don't feel like its you don't like so do something else like someone did jumping jacks in place for 5 mins. I posted Idid jogging in place for 30mins one of my friends on MFP held me to it so I had to do it. It was tough but I did it in 10 min intervals. You could get up early and watch an exercise show and follow along or do what I do start gradually and build up to 30mins within the 1st hour of waking up do stretch and aerobic or step exercises including Yoga if you know any. Or join a dance class. the bottom line do something you like. My friend exercises some routine while lying on the bed?

true.. walk/ jogging isnt something i like.. i'd much rather dance! lol.. but around where i live there isnt anything within 30mins... even my gym which is a basic gym, no classes which sucks, is like 20 mins away... but i wanna maybe join and indoor sports club, or do boxing, and i know its not much, but i wanna try the wii fit board thing :) lol.. i've learned that every little bit helps... i just gotta start with the little bits!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have a confession............. i didnt go for a walk/ jog.. nothing... :/ kinda annoyed at me, but i really didnt wanna go, so part of me is like *rolling its eyes at me and saying.. "jeezzz, go tommorrow".. and other part of me is standing there with its hands on its hips...saying " you know u really should have gone today, you would have felt great!!! "

i get like that, and i figure that missing the odd occassion is ok, if i reeeeeeeeeeeally dont want to do it. just make sure you go today instead!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hey, im on the C25K track and finished week 2 last night.

Im no walker, let alone jogger either! i forced my way through the first week and on day 3 i was able to do the whole 60 sec run things for the full 20 minutes, without being too tired and dying on my feet! it was an amazin feeling when compared to just 5 days earlyer when i was almost dead, burnt out in 12 mins and practically rolling home, and sat in the shower for 30 mins afterwards lol.

uping the ante at the beging of week2 almost killed me again! and yesterday i finished week2 i wasnt out of breath got home and played with dogs for half hour to warm down before my shower, i felt amaizin! When i finished yesterday i honestly felt as though i could have done it all again!

Added to this i have lost 7 pounds just doing C25K so far (proper weigh-in is on saturday to get a true weight), and my body already changing, i can see it happening!

Good for you!! I'm hoping to start this as part of my new exercise plan... i've heard great results from all sorts of people so I feel fairly confident, provided I stick with it! Well done x

its not easy, infact its bloody difficult! (for me anyway) but oh its worth it so far, im doing better than i ever thought i would been able to! You just got to remember to put in the effort to wreak the rewards :)

Hope this helps spur you on! Honestly i feel emense for doing this :)

Add me anyone doing C25K, always looking for buddys! :)
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Im no walker, let alone jogger either! i forced my way through the first week and on day 3 i was able to do the whole 60 sec run things for the full 20 minutes, without being too tired and dying on my feet! it was an amazin feeling when compared to just 5 days earlyer when i was almost dead, burnt out in 12 mins and practically rolling home, and sat in the shower for 30 mins afterwards lol.

uping the ante at the beging of week2 almost killed me again! and yesterday i finished week2 i wasnt out of breath got home and played with dogs for half hour to warm down before my shower, i felt amaizin! When i finished yesterday i honestly felt as though i could have done it all again!

Added to this i have lost 7 pounds just doing C25K so far (proper weigh-in is on saturday to get a true weight), and my body already changing, i can see it happening!

Good for you!! I'm hoping to start this as part of my new exercise plan... i've heard great results from all sorts of people so I feel fairly confident, provided I stick with it! Well done x

its not easy, infact its bloody difficult! (for me anyway) but oh its worth it so far, im doing better than i ever thought i would been able to! You just got to remember to put in the effort to wreak the rewards :)

Don't know what happened there! but was meant to say WELL DONE YOU!! I am hoping to start C25K training myself, i have ran 5k's in the past but with very little training... and I nearly died!! Well done again, very impressive work
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    i have a confession............. i didnt go for a walk/ jog.. nothing... :/ kinda annoyed at me, but i really didnt wanna go, so part of me is like *rolling its eyes at me and saying.. "jeezzz, go tommorrow".. and other part of me is standing there with its hands on its hips...saying " you know u really should have gone today, you would have felt great!!! "

i get like that, and i figure that missing the odd occassion is ok, if i reeeeeeeeeeeally dont want to do it. just make sure you go today instead!

yeah gonna be more comitted this time, i definatly gotta do week 1 again lol.. or week two will kill me!!!
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Don't know what happened there! but was meant to say WELL DONE YOU!! I am hoping to start C25K training myself, i have ran 5k's in the past but with very little training... and I nearly died!! Well done again, very impressive work

Thank you very much, I used to do alot of running around when i was 14, playing tag or 123alevio or what ever lol but never ran as an adult or as part of a fitness thing.

Im starting to really enoy it and get stamina and fitness i can feel it already in day to day things, just working up the 25 steps at work for a start! lol

My treat to myself for reaching week 5 is some expensive running trainers! Im coping with crappy ones at the mo and looking forward to getting there in 3 weeks time :)

Add me jude666 if you like
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options

i know i just gotta keep trying,.. and make it happen!!! its tooo easy for me to just say no, and not do it.. when i think its an amazing goal and an attainable one at that, which isnt weight related, that .... i can focus on... lol.. but i just gotta do it!! so i'm gonna start again, and do it three times a week!!! :)

Good on you! always here for words of wisdom and support, ps make sure you stretch before and after for at least 5 mins. iv found this to be invalueble!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

yeah gonna be more comitted this time, i definatly gotta do week 1 again lol.. or week two will kill me!!!

I just finished week 2 workout 2 last night, and it's getting WAY easier than it was early on. Definitely eat a lil something before you workout so you have energy to get through it, nothing too heavy, maybe some fruit. Stretching after is more important than stretching before and also make sure to try and eat up some lean protein within 30 minutes of finishing, it will help keep the sore muscles in check. Feel free to add me if you like, since I'm doing the C25K as well :bigsmile:
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    thanks again guys!! will try to stretch, before and after... i've NEVER been a runner/ jogger... so this is just wrong for my body lol..

i do find my calf muscles really sore during thr program, more so just as i go back to a walk its sooo tight, and especially at the front, my shins... i'm lucky to have really lean calves, but man they hurt!!!

and i gotta have a banana or something before i exercise =d done thanks again guys...
    i am starting week 1 again on sunday :) cause i recon week 2 will kill me :P