• Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    just viewing not replying???????

come on ppl

im sooo mad :grumble:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You've been here since May so surely you must have read at least once that 1200 calories is an extreme number that should only be used by those with ALOT to lose and who are under a doctor's care. Plus, 2 pounds a week is a lot really--a good healthy amount is about 1 pound a week.

I suggest you reset your goals to 1 pound per week and go from there.
  • saskia
    saskia Posts: 31
    Options
    As you've been here since May, why do you not just work out how many calories work for you with the targeted weightloss?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I figured out early on the other sites ask you about exercise, and include those calories in your weekly deficeit. At MFP it is calculated using only the food you will need, then you EARN BACK exercise calories for the day.

I think this works better because if I ate 1600 cals, and dont do the scheduled exercise, then I will gain or stay the same.

It also gives me incentive to do my exericse as I am able to then eat more food.

:flowerforyou:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    1200 is probably for someone who has a small frame anyway or is inactive. i'm at 1200 because I'm 5 feet tall
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i wanted the 1200 with 2 pound loss weekly too. but, as time has gone on i would lose less than a pound some weeks, a pound others. so i uped my cals to what a pound a week loss is and it changed to 1400 and that was closed to my BRM which i wanted to keep in mind. plus as the other poster posted if i wanted more to eat i had to exercise. what i am getting at is since i have changed my intake i lose between 1-2-3 pounds a week now and am not hungry. i wasn't eating enough daily.
    good luck with your weight loss.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    1200 is a scary number, I would also change it to 1 lb a week. I noticed when i changed mine to that, I got 1400-something a day, and actually lost more than when i was only on 1260 a day.
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    hmmm

ihv joined since may

didnt actually lose and didnt diet...been busy with my lil kid...

started controling my cals this month and eventually started loosing..

anyway..i will follow MFP rules.. it helped me losing 13 lbs.. it will help in future

but i hv a lot to lose...im scared of raising my goals to 1400 cals
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    hmmm

ihv joined since may

didnt actually lose and didnt diet...been busy with my lil kid...

started controling my cals this month and eventually started loosing..

anyway..i will follow MFP rules.. it helped me losing 13 lbs.. it will help in future

but i hv a lot to lose...im scared of raising my goals to 1400 cals

No, you really don't have a "lot to lose." I started with having to lose 140 pounds-now that's a lot. Simply stated again--1200 calories is too low.

I eat 1400-1500 a day and STILL have more to lose than you.
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I know I am 5'8" almost 5'9" , 173 lbs now the most it will let me lose per week is 1.6 at 1200 calories a day. Sometimes incredibly fast weight loss is just not possible, not everyone can lose 2 lbs a week. but I agree the sites differ, but they are based on broad calculations, I work in an office and don't get a lot of exercise so my low calorie intake seems reasonable. But anyone running after a little kid all day should get more calories burned off if you ask me! :laugh: