Hello, Tucson

Options
Howdy, let's meet at the park for a run or kettle bell workout session.

What, there's more? That's all I have to say!

Uh, okay. Well, all right, I've been slightly overweight for too long. By my family's genetic history and standards, "slightly overweight" is "fat." I set myself on a path to change my eating habits and physical activity lifestyle. I want to look better for myself because I can't rely on someone else to lose my weight and exercise to get me in shape. If I am to see my plan through to live another hundred years, I need to get on the move.

I currently work out at home using a kettle bell (hopefully I'll upgrade to a heavier one soon) and body as weights. I'm usually available after 6:30pm, although I tend to skedaddle outta Tucson on the weekends. So, if you're looking for a workout or running partner at a nearby park, hit me up. I wish you well on your journey to a fitter, healthier you.

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm moving back to Tucson for a short time starting Friday! It's a bit hot outside to be in park for me, though!
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    Hello, spaingirl2011,

True, a bit warm, and a bit balmy, but running there in the evening can still work well. I actually would prefer to be drenched in sweat than feeling too dry. It's uncomfortable for a little bit, but I get used to it quickly :) If you're staying through fall and winter, hit me up when it gets cooler for you. That might even be a better idea, since I'll be a little more used to running again by then.
  • tiggerzshorty
    Options
    I'm in Tucson. Today is my second day using mfp. I haven't ran in years. I'm hoping to get there soon. I am over weight ATM. Just now getting back on track. When I can run I would love to meet at maybe reid park.
    Also, ive never used a kettle bell. What size do you use? And do you enjoy it?

Amber
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    Hello, tiggerzshorty,

Reid Park is a great meeting place. That's actually where I used to do most of my park running. We don't have to do the full 3.1-mile round. We could run a mile one direction, then turn back. I run slowly, too. I focus more on keeping my run going and not stopping or walking.

I love using the kettle bell. My current weight is 26 lbs, but I know I should be using 44. I just haven't been able to afford a new bell yet. Soon, though. Maybe my next move will be a 35-lb bell.

And, oops, I just noticed you listed your name, Amber. Sorry about missing that. Please keep me updated on when you'll be ready to run or exercise at the park. BTW, you can buy a light kettle bell, too. A friend of mine uses a 5-lb bell because she has only begun exercising again after nearly 20 years of a sedentary lifestyle. I don't know what the process should be for choosing your bell. I went with what I knew for sure I could work out with, and bought the next heavier weight. It's worked out so far, but after nearly 4 months at this weight, I'm ready to move to a heavier weight.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Alas, I'll be in Tucson long enough for it to get barely cool enough for outdoor exercise before I head to Spain for a couple of months! Best of luck to you on your jogging and kettlebell-ing (I have a 15lb and 20lb kettlebell. Still using the 15lb, but I'm really liking the results!).

All best,
    Allison
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    Sounds like you have great travel plans! If it gets cooler sooner than expected and you get the urge to go for a run or workout at the park, hit me up :) Don't be afraid of the 20-lb bell. My ex moved from 12 to 26 within 4 months, and she was a lightweight. By the time our workout program with a personal trainer ended, I was up to 44, having started at 18. So you can do it. It'll ache slightly more in the first few days, but you'll acclimate quickly to the pain. Train your mind and your body will follow. True words. Keep on fighting the good fight!

Regards,
    A