Chicken Adobo

Options
I'm trying to find new recipes for chicken breast. I usually season my chicken breast and use a grill pot. I was looking at chicken adobo recipes. I saw ingredients such as half a cup of soy sauce and half a cup of vinegar. Some of the requirements is to marinade the chicken in this sauce, cook it in the same sauce and reduce it to almost no sauce. I count calories so how would I go about calculating the half a cup of soy sauce and half a cup of vinegar once the sauce is reduced? TIA

Replies

• methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Plug it all into the recipe builder in MFP and it should tell you what the calories are for the ingredients.
    The calories don't change just because the sauce reduces.

Good luck and if it's tasty, share the recipe in the forum please!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    All the calories are still there, they're just absorbed into the chicken and cooked down. I LOVE CHICKEN ADOBO btw... :D
  • jlorenzo31
    jlorenzo31 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good luck and if it's tasty, share the recipe in the forum please!

It's pretty simple, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup white vinegar, garlic, black peppercorns and bayleafs
  • jlorenzo31
    Options
    All the calories are still there, they're just absorbed into the chicken and cooked down. I LOVE CHICKEN ADOBO btw... :D

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure. Kind of worried about the sodium though. I love chicken adobo also. I'm Filipino so how can I not love it.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure. Kind of worried about the sodium though. I love chicken adobo also. I'm Filipino so how can I not love it.

Kinda late... LOL I'm Filipino too... well, half. My mom and gma make the BEST chicken adobo. I'm sure you're going to say that yours do, but NOPE, MINE DO! :P
  • smex14
    smex14 Posts: 48
    Options
    my sister in law is Filipino and she makes the greatest dishes!
  • jlorenzo31
    Options

Kinda late... LOL I'm Filipino too... well, half. My mom and gma make the BEST chicken adobo. I'm sure you're going to say that yours do, but NOPE, MINE DO! :P

LOL. I'm still going to have to disagree w/ you, I still believe my mom and gma's are the best :p