Workin' off the turkey! and gravy and pumpkin pie and mac n

Options
:flowerforyou: Question.

On Thanksgiving and the day after, I ate WAY over what I was planning! Yesterday I planned on only having some turkey out of our leftovers. But, we ended up going to my grandparents house - AGAIN - and, of course, they had ALL the leftovers out on the table and it was like Thanksgiving Day again! Bah! :frown: I took small portions of the things I love, but I know I still went way over. :frown:

I am planning on working out like crazy today and tomorrow. Going to the gym then going swimming. Will working out intensely today and tomorrow help make up for the last two days I've over-ate? Or, do I have to exercise on the day of to counter-act that?

:embarassed:

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Question.

On Thanksgiving and the day after, I ate WAY over what I was planning! Yesterday I planned on only having some turkey out of our leftovers. But, we ended up going to my grandparents house - AGAIN - and, of course, they had ALL the leftovers out on the table and it was like Thanksgiving Day again! Bah! :frown: I took small portions of the things I love, but I know I still went way over. :frown:

I am planning on working out like crazy today and tomorrow. Going to the gym then going swimming. Will working out intensely today and tomorrow help make up for the last two days I've over-ate? Or, do I have to exercise on the day of to counter-act that?

:embarassed:
  • I wouldn't worry too much about counter acting things from previous days. Just hop back on the horse and work out for today. If it were me, I'd push myself harder today and forget about days past. If you get into the habit of overeating and then thinking oh, I'll make it up tomorrow when I workout, it's a bad cycle to get into--that usually ends with no exercise and weight gain :) Just take one day at a time and workout for today and move on! :flowerforyou:

Heidi
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :smile: I've been kinda stressed about overeating... but, today is a new day! :flowerforyou:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    We all have those overeating days. Let it go start a new day and work out eat right. You will be fine. The holidays are good times to cheat. :happy:

Thanksgiving is too Yummy to pass up:laugh:

Alisha
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    1.5 lb gain here from 3 days of indulgence. :grumble:
    Back in the saddle again today I hope.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have found the difference in my weight loss this time, as opposed to all the times I have failed:

Start over each day. Sometimes each hour. NO guilt! No stress!

Just me and my veggies and hummus!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Ok 1 lb of fat is equal to about 3500 calories. So even if you overate you should be ok. Like the other ones said just get back up and dust off and start over. I thought I overate but I actually lost a pound from Thursday to today. I was surprised to say the least.

Connie