Les Mills Body Pump Question

Options
Has anyone figured out how many calories are burned in an hour long Body Pump class?

Replies

• spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    I would like to know this too, i generally just log it as weight training because i dont know what else to log it as.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and burn about 300 to 350 (but it depends on how close you are to your goal weight). I subtract 100 calories every hour I exercise for my regular burn. So I guess anywhere from 200 to 250 is a conservative number. I count it as it is extremely cardio challenging and I can always use the extra yummy calories ;)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, my favourite class!

Calories burned depends on a number of variables - your weight, the weight you're lifting, and the effort you're putting into it.

I wear an HRM, and its never the same reading twice - unsurprisingly.

I'm 135 lbs, and I lift heavy (20kg squat track, and my heart rate is aabout 160 bpm during that section). I usually burn between 400-500 in an hour.
  • 52baltimoreravens52
    52baltimoreravens52 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, my favourite class!

Calories burned depends on a number of variables - your weight, the weight you're lifting, and the effort you're putting into it.

I wear an HRM, and its never the same reading twice - unsurprisingly.

I'm 135 lbs, and I lift heavy (20kg squat track, and my heart rate is aabout 160 bpm during that section). I usually burn between 400-500 in an hour.
  • 52baltimoreravens52
    52baltimoreravens52 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose a few pounds but mostly tone up. I've been doing Body pump 2x per week and Zumba 2x per week. How often do you do body pump and how long did it take to see results?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Before Christmas, I went to one pump class a week but didn't push myself to lift heavy. Since then I try to get to at least 2 classes a week, and to up the weights. I saw results pretty quickly - after a couple of months certainly.