Day 7+ Level 2 Shredders... How do you modify any of your mo

Options
That would be "How do you modify any of your MOVES" lol...

I did notice that when Natalie does the V raises, her feet and knees are together... it is easier! But Jillian says to be "hip with apart' hum? Try it if you are having trouble with these. Any suggestions on any other exercises?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Ha, will have to try that, I am always in pain by the time I get to the V raises bit lol :smile:
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    When I do the Shred, I follow the girl on the right ( forgot her name ). She usually does all the modified exercises where as the other one does the advanced versions. If I have a problem even with the modified, I just slow down my pace and do 1 move for every 2 they do.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I think the modifed exerciser's name is Anita? anyway keeping your feet together is supposed to make the exercise more difficult because it decreases your stability- but if you find it easier then by all means do it.

I am not really supposed to be doing any jumping exercises (and all three levels require jumping) and for some reason I am simply not capable of jumping jacks (I can't get my fett to jump simultaneously sideways) so I modify and do "Jennifer Jacks" - wherein I do one leg at a time but both arms- I also tried just the legs to try to get the rhythm down but no such luck

jumping lunges is far easier for me (even though it should be harder and technically I am not allowed to do them)!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I hate V raises with a passion!!
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Just started level 1. Due to knee surgery I have probl;ems with the jumping jacks and the butt kicks. I run in place instead and I try to do the butt kicks. Great job on getting to level 2. strving to get to level 2! It is a good work out and I feel great afterwards. I don't think there is enough stretching before you start. I make sure I stretch before I start the DVD.

Does anyone have Zumba for the Wii? If so do you like it?
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You gals are scaring me! I'm about to start level 2 tomorrow! I try to follow Natalie now, but followed Anita to start. I may just have to go back to Anita in the next level!
  • sallycinnamon1
    Options
    Hi, I put my knees together too on that one. Also I don't do the last move on level two - i do another set of double crunches instead. I wasn't sure if i was doing it right and i hated it so i thought why not just do something you're defo getting something out of. Otherwise i am a slave to jillian!
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Level 2 DONE!! I usually start off trying with the hard move then end up doing the modified version...but I do find as I go on my form gets better and better. The dumbell rows I find so hard to get them right lol! It's only now I think 'oh, *that's* the muscle they are supposed to work!'. I still take quite a few 5-second breaks though, and on the plank moves I drop to my knees a lot!

Hope you all had good days xxxx