my first true NSV!!!

Options
I was asked by a co-worker to day if I was losing weight. He went straight from "good morning" to "are you losing weight?" lol. It felt really great since this whole time I've always been a downer on myself for not being able to shed the pounds in a noticeable way. (Even though my fiance always tells me I'm doing great and looking better)

I haven't been taking measurements (which i really should) and the only thing I rely on is the scale (which I know is not the best indicator of health.) In any case, it was a good start to the day :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    That how I know I'm doing good.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It has been frustrating that I've lost 21lb and only 1 person has ever said anything (apart from my wonderful husband). I console myself by thinking that I've been successful in hiding my weight all along with clothes that drape and don't cling.
  • polkataniec
    Options
    Good for you!Nice NSV!And take your measurements!My scale stays the same for past 2 weeks so I measured myself and the numbers got smaller by from 0.5 in. to 1.5in in some areas!:)
  • bja1039
    bja1039 Posts: 9
    Options
    That's great!! It's always amazing when you make enough progress for others to notice. I make the mistake of relying too much on the scale too, but you have to remember that you can make much more progress than the scale may show. Try to go by how much better your clothes fit rather than how much you weigh. Good luck to you!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    good for you. always makes it seem worth while when others notice. we all need validation at some point. it's good motivation.
  • hellolouisey
    Options
    Yay, that's awesome :)

But I'm new... what does NSV mean?!!
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :)

NSV means "non-scale victory"

I'm a person that has to see it to believe it so I've become dependent on a scale to show progress and I become slightly disappointed when it doesn't go down. I have been fitting into my clothes better and am actually looking better in my clothes. Buying some new tighter fitting clothing (skinnyjeanie - I'm talking to you :) ) might actually motivate you even more and make you feel like a new person. Plus it's a good treat for all of your hard work!

Again, Thanks for the support! It always feels good for others to notice even when you're not trying :)
  • redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had been feeling awful because my scale hadnt moved in months. But when I took my measurements I had actually lost 13 inches around my midsection (waist, back, hips) during the same time period! The scale does not reflect your improved level of fitness.
  • klnguyen80
    Options
    So proud of you...you are doing a great job! And maybe we should take measurements tonight and continue on a weekly basis?!?! Love you!
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    I had been feeling awful because my scale hadnt moved in months. But when I took my measurements I had actually lost 13 inches around my midsection (waist, back, hips) during the same time period! The scale does not reflect your improved level of fitness.

13 inches?!?! Amazing!! Now that is progress worth noting. Nice job!
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    So proud of you...you are doing a great job! And maybe we should take measurements tonight and continue on a weekly basis?!?! Love you!

Yeah I could. After we rip up the carpet?? ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!