Wii - EA Sport Active 2

Anybody else doing this ?

I love it :happy:

Got it at a bargain price from Zavvi - £ 12.99 and it is the best £ 12.99 I have ever spent.

I am doing the hard level - 9 week programme and it is tough but you really feel like you have had an amazing workout.

The variation is fantastic, and everything is logged and stored including heart rate and calories burned due to the monitor / motion sensors you get with it.

I now have my own personal trainer in my living room ( and they tell you off if you aren't doing it quite right )

:happy:

Replies

• MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    I've been doing the sports active too. It really kicks me in the butt! Sometimes more so than exercise DVD's.
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Mountain Climbers are a killer :smile:
  • I've just ordered it! :o)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    I just did my first session today and it does kick your *kitten* (and this was the 3 week easy challenge) I was extreemly PO'd trying to do the reverse crunches as it wasn't recognising them and it was hurting my back.

Only downside is it takes a while to load the activities.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    i have it. It is a hell of a work out my theory is it burns more calories than it estimates. I keep meaning to take my chest strap HRM (it lives at the gym) back to my house and see! It is really pretty impressive.
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    I always feel like I have burned more than it says, I enter it as circuit training and it is always about 100 cals less than MFP database, but better to be that way than over estimated :smile:

Would be interesting to see how your chest strap compares :smile:
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    I'm into my second week of the 9 week program - medium difficulty. I love this thing. According to my HRM, I burn even more than when I do Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30! But that's probably because EA Active 2 adds more cardio to the mix. And my HRM has been averaging ~60 calories more burnt than what the game registers. This "game" has helped me to bust through a plateau, too. In case you can't tell, I'm pretty excited about it! :love:
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    I don't have it on the Wii but I have it on Kinect and I loved it when I tried it but I was very unfit then so I may give it another go now.
  • Hi My name Diana and I have the Wii Ea sports active 2 would liked to be my fitnesspal
  • I love it too....however i pulled a muscle in my neck using the resistance bands, and couldnt movie my neck for a week! now im much more careful! I'm glad im not the only one who thinks im burning more calories than it says! its such a fun workout!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Just completed both the cardio 3 week and the 9 week program on the xbox kinect. Was so glad it was done. Loved it to no end but was grateful when it was over. The program is amazing and I agree mountain climbers are killers, especially when you have to do 18 of them.. I was crying fussing and sweaty!!! You will love it.

Enjoy
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Got this for christmas and love it. I had some friends over last week and one teaches karate and he said it was the best burn he has ever gotten from a video game. Awesome!!!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    I will be looking for that game in the secondhand shop! thanks!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    You burn a lot more than what it says. It does not account for in between times for calories or time. So a 20 minute is really 30 (something like that) Once I got my HRM I felt even better about the game.
    I always feel like I have burned more than it says, I enter it as circuit training and it is always about 100 cals less than MFP database, but better to be that way than over estimated :smile:

Would be interesting to see how your chest strap compares :smile: