Brushing your Teeth Talk

Options
2»

Replies

• BerkleyEL
    BerkleyEL Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ooo... Yay for random questions!
    Flossing comes first, then the brushing!

Do you let the water run? About half the time I do.
    How much toothpaste do you use? about 2 pea's worth
    Are you loyal to a certain brand? Not really, but I try to stick with Colgate
    Do you brush sideways or up and down? Both!

Soft or hard bristles. I much prefer softer bristles over hard.
    Do you spit or swallow? Spit the toothpaste out - it's not designed to be swallowed.
    Do you gargle at the end? I rinse with fresh water and then gargle with mouthwash.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Um, okay. Im suuuuper anal about my teeth so this Xs about 4 a day.....

lukewarm water, electric toothbrush, Crest whitening toothpaste, a little splash more water. Brush while I sing twinkle twinkle little star in my head. (dont laugh!) Tongue, cheeks, roof of my mouth. Spit. Rinse. Floss. Tongue scrape. Gargle. Spit again.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    More IMPORTANT than brushing your teeth is flossing. However don't do it in public like this couple I saw, who happen to do it at the dinner table next to me (both of them), while my wife and I were eating.

Ok, I won't do that anymore.

Not really on-topic, but what is even grosser than flossing at the table is clipping your fingernails in public.
    Especially on public transportation. EESH...

On the topic of oral hygiene - I am weaning myself from alcoholic mouthwashes.
    It's hard - I love the bracing feeling of the actual alcohol - the 'health food store' kind with no alcohol is not very satisfying.

But no, I'm not actually an alcoholic - I would swallow then, not spit - and I would gargle w/ my top shelf reserves.
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    I don't leave the water running, I brush systematically (front, bottom, then sides of teeth), and rinse with water, use mouthwash 2-3 times, and rinse out the mouthwash with water. Then I use pressurized water to floss.
  • nattywatty2
    Options
    i use burt bee's fluoride free toothpaste,medium toothbrush,warm water.I brush up and down.lol
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I try to not let the water run but it is a horrible habit that I can't seem to stop.
    I use enough toothpaste to go from one end of the toothbrush bristles to the other.
    I use whatever brand is cheapest (right now it's Crest I think because I got it for .25 with my coupons).
    I brush sideways first and then up and down.
    Soft bristles right now because I got the toothbrushes for free and they happened to have soft bristles. Lol.
    I spit, does anyone really swallow that?!
    I gargle if I'm going out somewhere or planning on getting kissed :p
    Also, I have to wash my hands every time after I brush my teeth because they feel gross and sticky.

Oh and it makes me really mad when people don't wet their toothbrush before they put toothpaste on or after they put toothpaste on. You have to wet it twice. Please. :)
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Im a dental hygienist......have you all forgotten about flossing?

Got yourself another RDH here. These guys really should ask a professional !!!