HRM question

kwaz29
kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
I have been putting off getting a heart rate monitor until i have more money to spare, but i was looking on craig's list today and i found one listed for $50. It's a Polar Protrainer XT Cycle, does anyone know anything about it? He says he bought it for $160, but i dont want to spend money on it and have it turn out to be unaccurate. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• kwaz29
    bump!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    I haven't heard about it before, but all of the Polar HRM series are pretty good. I have the FT7 and love it.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Looks like an older model, but it's got good specs. Sounds like it may be more for an avid biker? Not sure.

http://www.sarkproducts.com/protrainerxt.htm
  • kwaz29
    yeah, thats what i was thinking it seems like too. i also found an f-11 and it seems like everyone loves that one, so i think ill see if i can buy that one!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    yeah, thats what i was thinking it seems like too. i also found an f-11 and it seems like everyone loves that one, so i think ill see if i can buy that one!

What is your budget? If you're ok with spending around $50, I would up that a little to $60 and get a Polar FT4. You can get a brand new one off Amazon for that with free shipping. I love mine and have had no problems whatsoever!