Are you a 51%er???

Options
iAMaPhoenix
iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
A survey done in February of this year:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1358025/Sex-starved-How-half-women-sacrifice-year-making-love-meant-skinny.html

Question 1 is: where do you fall?

As I was reading this, I thought of something else. If you knew for a fact that you were going to die in 5 years(in an accident, not health related), would you continue to do all the things you are currently doing to stay healthy? I myself would continue, but would alter my workout schedule so I could spend more time with family.

Question 2: What would you do?

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh.... this is good!

I think I might be a 51%-er, under the assumption that a year without sex is not too long of a time to sacrifice if I could feel more confident after that year when I DO have sex, and that abstaining would not harm my relationship. This is a tough one for me because I always preach being happy with who you are!!

Also, I would continue working out and eating well (most of the time) even if I knew I had 5 years to live. I think I currently strike a pretty good balance and I don't prioritize workout time over all other things.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I would not give up sex for a year. I just can't do that, now if you had asked me this same question back in December, it would have been a different story.

Now as for if I would continue my fitness schedule if I knew I was going to die anyway. Well, yes I would, I am addicted to exercising now, I love it, and I would certainly want to teach good eating habits into my children and husband. Pa that is a little depressing to think about.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Bahaha I'm doing it now...

But only because I'm single and can't do casual sex. Hoping I don't get to a year though. I think I would go crazy!!

And as for dying in five years' time... well... I want to run a marathon before I die so I think I'd have to ramp up my training so that I could run for more than 3 minutes at a time like I can now. Otherwise it'll be a REALLY long marathon...
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I would not give up sex for a year. I just can't do that, now if you had asked me this same question back in December, it would have been a different story.

Now as for if I would continue my fitness schedule if I knew I was going to die anyway. Well, yes I would, I am addicted to exercising now, I love it, and I would certainly want to teach good eating habits into my children and husband. Pa that is a little depressing to think about.

It may sound depressing, but the reason I posted it is because there was another survey that asked people if women were willing to sacrifice years off their life to be thin. I found it quite fascinating. Here is the link:
    http://kool1017.com/women-would-trade-years-off-their-life-to-be-thin/
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I would definitely NOT give up sex for a year!

If I knew I was going to die in 5 years, I wouldn't bother with exercising at all. I'd spend my time enjoying my kids and living life to the fullest. Honestly, healthy eating and physical activity would be the furthest thing from my mind. I'd make those 5 years count and I'd have fun doing it!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Haha! I am a big fan of "incorporating" sexy time into my cardio workout....

no need to sacrifice.... yes ladies we *can* have it all!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

It may sound depressing, but the reason I posted it is because there was another survey that asked people if women were willing to sacrifice years off their life to be thin. I found it quite fascinating. Here is the link:
    http://kool1017.com/women-would-trade-years-off-their-life-to-be-thin/

Wow! I just read that and I can not believe it. I would not give up any years of my life. I am getting fit to help add years back to my life. I hope!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I would never have sex again my entire life and probably be perfectly happy.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Not a chance would I give up sex to be slim, no way not even for 1 year.

I'd rather just incorparate it into my workout routine.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I would never have sex again my entire life and probably be perfectly happy.

I would say I'm the same way. I'm not a sexually depedent person. I only need hugs kisses and "I love you's". However since I'm married I will have sex as a way to say "I love you." I don't do it for pleasure 100%. And I'd be abstinent if I was single as casual sex = STDs/drama to me. (personal opinion!)

So I would be the "wait for a year to have sex" if single but HELL NO when married. I think that can be mean to your partner.