Anyone else training for a 10K?

Options
would love some company!!! i started w2 this week - so far every run has been on the TM b/c of the heat wave we have going on here - ugh!

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for my very first 10K! Bless you for running on the TM! I despise that thing! LOL But the heat has definitely been a hinderance! Good luck!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Currently doing C25K, but once I complete that I will move onto 10K
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start B210K.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    i've seen the treadmill referred to as the "dreadmill" and i think that's right on target.
    recently i've been enjoying watching the gym junkies on the weights when i run indoors.

i run my own 10k (or slightly more) once a week while i'm contemplating training for the marathon.
    26.2mi just seems like forever!!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    My current plan is to master the C25K, and then run a few of those while I do B210K. Once I do B210K and run a few of those, I'm going to build up to a 1/2 Marathon. Also going to throw a few sprint distance triathlons in there as well.
  • Aczjohnson
    Aczjohnson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    good luck on YOUR 10k marybbrown!
    stooooo - good luck with c25k - i loved that program! sounds like you have a good plan ahead of you as well!
    jesradtke - when do you start?? it's been a while since I was running 3 miles straight, so i opted for the EI210k instead of B210k - honestly - i had never heard of the EI210k until i came across the app - it's 10 weeks vs. the 6 for those who are not coming RIGHT off the c25k
    shainde - yes, i sometimes refer to it as that as well DM instead of TM - but the heat index here has been over 100 every.single.day. for quite some time PLUS high humidity. i figured i'd start on the TM - i might have to go backwards a bit when i actually hit pavement. :happy: