Didn't want to believe it, but I've hit a plateau, need advi

Options
I eat roughly 1800-2000 calories give or take, usually on the higher end, which is fine for me my maintenance levels are 2500 and to lose weight its 2050. I have my goals set to 1500 to help keep me as low as I can be, however I don't force myself to stay at my MFP set 1500. I have been eating better and exercising since around April 1st 2011. I started out doing this while breast feeding, have since stopped. I lost the first 15 pounds so easily. Then ten more a little slower. Now I have been STUCK at 25 pound weight loss for about 6 weeks.

I'm pretty sure I know what is causing this, I've been eating more towards my maintenance levels, sometimes over that on occasion, and I haven't been exercising as much as I was, for personal reasons. However.... I am still looking for some advice or ideas because I've been up and down 2-3 pounds always ending up right back at -25 lb lost. I really need to break this bad cycle and get back to losing more weight.

I exercise about 1-3 times a week, I have two small babies at home and they take up my every waking moment, but I fit in exercise when I can. Should I exercise more? Should I lower my calorie intake? I was breast feeding the first 4-6 weeks while counting calories and working out. Then when I quit nursing I still lost another 10 lbs, since then however, it has stopped. I can't break this. Up, down, up, down, but never DOWN on a steady basis like it was doing... HELP

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen. I tend to stick at different levels and what works for me is to alternate the calories. I avoid processed sugar (soda!) but take in the fruits. Keep my fat down. I tend to also push my protein up at these times, fiber too. Then I also alternate my exercise, 200s one day, near 500 the next and so on. Even when I don't lose weight I seem to shift inches. My plateaus have not lasted more than 2 weeks at this point.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    What are your goals set at? Is it 1 or 2lbs a week? If it's 2lbs a week I would reset them to 1 or even .5lbs a week and eat more. When I first plateaued I just ate more and poof it was gone.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Exercise more: put the babies into a stroller and walk or run