I can't quit sweets - ideas??

Options
13»

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    without looking at any other comments, I believe you should just not buy the sweets if you can't limit how much of it you eat. i heard some great advice about looking up the ingredients of the food you like and see if you still like it after you learn about it and what is does to you.

for me, i still eat sweets, it was just a matter of time before i decided what's worth eating right now, and what isn't. i can't buy a big bag of famous amos because I WILL, no doubt eat the whole thing. so i would buy it at work form the vending machine already 1 serving. and when that habit became bad i just didn't take change to work anymore.

learn yourself and your habits, it'll get better/easier :)
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sweet juicy melons nom nom nom
    Strawberries w/ fat free vanilla yoghurt nom nom nom
  • ktimer
    ktimer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the great ideas!!!! I appreciate everyone's feedback! I'm going to kick the habit for good this time! :-)
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    I make my own, using xylitol or stevia (natural, low-cal sweeteners). I developed a recipe for fat free, low carb cheesecakes, and I make popcicles (usually coffee flavored). My cheesecakes are about 40 calories each, and the coffee pops are even less.
  • caseym11
    caseym11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Here are my "go to's" (when I'm eating well) LOL
    - Apples dipped in peanut butter
    - Handful of cheerios with some chocolate chips mixed in (like maybe 10) - this is probably my favorite
    - Melt some chocolate chips & mix with a couple tablespoons of vanilla yogurt to dip strawberries in

Also... some recent words of wisdom that I learned (that ironically, I've been using on my kids regularly, but never thought of using for myself) - Ask yourself, are you really hungry? Are you hungry enough for an apple? If you find yourself saying, "No, I don't really feel like having an apple," then you're not really hungry. :-)
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i have the worst sweet tooth ever! my dad was like me when he was younger, and now he is all savoury food, so i have hope it'll ease in the future!

but anyway, when i really want something sweet, say late at night, i pour myself a big glass of pepsi (diet or max) and drink that instead. it keeps my mouth busy (99% of the time its because im bored) and it tastes good.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - my eating is getting a lot better, but I just can not give up the sweets.

Yes, you can. It might be hard, but you can do it if you really want to. The first thing you should do is not have them in your house. Don't make excuses, just get rid of it and don't buy anymore.