I cannot eat all my calories....could this be causing my wei

Options
I am not reaching 1200 calories but I am not hungry after I eat my planned out meals. I just do not see the sense in eating whenever I am not hungry....isn't that what got me here in the first place? Any suggestions how I could get more calories in without making myself feel YUCK whenever I get up from the table? I know not many people have this problem but this is a problem for me. I get 900 to 1000 calories in on a good day. Should I splurge one day? Only problem with that is I ate out for my anniversary and gained a pound and it really discouraged me and I felt YUCKY after our dinner anyway. Need help please!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you make your diary public then people could give u some ideas?
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I am not reaching 1200 calories but I am not hungry after I eat my planned out meals. I just do not see the sense in eating whenever I am not hungry....isn't that what got me here in the first place? Any suggestions how I could get more calories in without making myself feel YUCK whenever I get up from the table? I know not many people have this problem but this is a problem for me. I get 900 to 1000 calories in on a good day. Should I splurge one day? Only problem with that is I ate out for my anniversary and gained a pound and it really discouraged me and I felt YUCKY after our dinner anyway. Need help please!

you said you plan your meals? add little bits of small high-calories (healthy) foods to each meal, you wont even notice!
    smoothies are a good way to add sneaky calories too, like adding egg whites or peanut butter to them
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You should be netting at least 1200 cals per day. Try planning your meals with more calorie dense foods. For example, instead of that egg white eat the whole egg!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    "Grazing" is a great way to consume. You shouldn't just be eating at meals, but really having small "snacks" throughout the day.
    I snack about 100 calories in between each meal. You shouldn't try ingesting all of your calories in 2-3 meals.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    You should be netting at least 1200 cals per day. Try planning your meals with more calorie dense foods. For example, instead of that egg white eat the whole egg!

That is perfect advice!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    "Grazing" is a great way to consume. You shouldn't just be eating at meals, but really having small "snacks" throughout the day.
    I snack about 100 calories in between each meal. You shouldn't try ingesting all of your calories in 2-3 meals.

And this is perfect advice also!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend forcing yourself to eat but, I would suggest adding healthy fats like almonds or yogurts as a snack. How often do you eat during the day? I normally eat three meals and two snacks throughout the day.
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    One thing to try is to eat your calories spaced equally over 5 smaller meals throughout the day instead of 3 full meals. This will keep you from feeling yucky everytime you eat. Also try to limit your calories to good foods mostly from proteins with some complex carbs as well. When you start eating too many simple sugars (junk food) it makes you feel full and doesn't give you the energy to burn it off.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Should I splurge one day? Only problem with that is I ate out for my anniversary and gained a pound and it really discouraged me and I felt YUCKY after our dinner anyway. Need help please!

If you are constantly only getting around 900 - 1000 calories... I'd say your body was excited that it got some much needed fuel and it stored it right away as fat.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am going to set my diary public so I can get some ideas.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Your food diary isn't open, so we can't see the choices you are making.
    Try to add a handful of nuts or a spoonful of all natural peanut butter to some snacks. That is an awesome way to add healthy nutrients, fats, and calories. Or add some avocado to a salad or sandwich. If you are eating that few calories your body is probably in some form of starvation mode and needs more calories.
    Try to not add junk to get to 1200 calories, but add healthy snacks.
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the same problem. Sometimes, when I go in "diet" mode... I was seriolusly only eating like 600 calories a day.... And from everything i've seen, your body needs at least 1200 calories to function properly.. It's hard, this I know, but try to find foods that have alot of calories that aren't going to fill you up... Like almonds or something like that. Try that and see if that helps. :)
  • Run4UrHealth
    Options
    If you make your diary public then people could give u some ideas?

It is public now!
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How do you make your diary public?
  • SmileyAmy1977
    SmileyAmy1977 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have your issue sometimes, and I've been told by a trainer that if I can't eat what I should each day, just make sure my average daily calorie count is what it should be.

So usually I'll have one day where I eat more. Like I'll have a cheeseburger and fries...and those calories add to my daily average. Does that make sense.

But I think all the other advice you've gotten is great too!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Options
    Your food diary isn't open, so we can't see the choices you are making.
    Try to add a handful of nuts or a spoonful of all natural peanut butter to some snacks. That is an awesome way to add healthy nutrients, fats, and calories. Or add some avocado to a salad or sandwich. If you are eating that few calories your body is probably in some form of starvation mode and needs more calories.
    Try to not add junk to get to 1200 calories, but add healthy snacks.

It is open now!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend forcing yourself to eat but, I would suggest adding healthy fats like almonds or yogurts as a snack. How often do you eat during the day? I normally eat three meals and two snacks throughout the day.

I do not like milk or yogurt...I love almonds but I am allergic to them. :( I eat 3 meals and 2 snack most days depending on how hungry I am.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Options
    How do you make your diary public?

go to settings and click on food diary settings and scroll down and click public
  • SmileyAmy1977
    SmileyAmy1977 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary...what about instead of lower calorie bread, use a higher calorie or put a slice of cheese or mayo on your sandwich. Or instead of strawberries, have a banana. Really all you need is one more 100 calorie snack and you'll be good.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Options
    I just looked at your diary...what about instead of lower calorie bread, use a higher calorie or put a slice of cheese or mayo on your sandwich. Or instead of strawberries, have a banana. Really all you need is one more 100 calorie snack and you'll be good.

I do not like bananas....I will try to see if maybe I can get another 100 calorie snack in. I have been trying to watch my sodium intake and sooo many snacks and foods are very high in sodium.