Zumba?

Options
I like to switch up my cardio every once in awhile and I want something that also tones...is Zumba any good? (not the class, the dvds.)

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I think it is!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great.... it will really trim ur waitline, and maybe ur legs... it's great cardio
  • MrsBrit2007
    Options
    I have the DVDs and I love them. :) I also have made some playlists from videos on youtube, and they are a nice change. I think that Zumba is a great cardio exercise!
  • illusia
    illusia Posts: 1
    Options
    Zumba is an awesome way to workout, have fun and lose weight. I started Zumba classes about 4 months ago and I can already feel myself getting smaller. I really enjoy something that is not just another aerobics class. Zumba is high energy, has good music and if you find the right instructor, it can be a lot of fun!!!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm gonna try it out!!! Are the moves hard to catch on to?
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I teach the class and love it with all my heart...and I have heard GREAT things about the dvds and games.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Wii, and I love it. Like sharonfincher1 said, it really does trim your waistline! :)
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    love zumba more than cake!!!
  • Trev87
    Trev87 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've tried zumba(girlfriend has the dvds) i thought they were a waste of cash, until i gave it a go. It's pretty fun, even though i look like a tool doing it, i'm in the comfort of my own home, no matter how much i grudgingly get up to do it, and had the fact they make me work hard, i always smile doing it.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i have been attending a zumba class once a week for the past 4 months and it is great. it is fun and burn lots of calories. i have also done the odd youtube video at home as well. great work out
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I've tried zumba(girlfriend has the dvds) i thought they were a waste of cash, until i gave it a go. It's pretty fun, even though i look like a tool doing it, i'm in the comfort of my own home, no matter how much i grudgingly get up to do it, and had the fact they make me work hard, i always smile doing it.

Haha, my boyfriend and my little brother have both done it on the Wii...they thought it was ridiculous until they actually realized just how much of a sweat you work up while doing it!
  • paul121703lilly
    Options
    I love love love Zumba! I sometimes look at it as "playing" because its I use the Xbox Kinect Zumba game to get that workout in but it really kicks your butt and you have a great time doing it at the same time. I was totally addicted for about 5 months and then started a gym membership and slacked on it. I plan on picking it back up this week and continuing to use it for my cardio and leave the weights for the gym only. When I first started doing Zumba I lost about 8 lbs the first month.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you guys are having fun with Zumba ...I NEED some fun lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. Zumba DVDs are the best!! Or at least the best I've ever done. I've been doing them regularly since January. It's the first exercise I've still thought was fun after a couple of months. I have both sets of DVDs and if they released a new set today, I'd order it today.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Haha, my boyfriend and my little brother have both done it on the Wii...they thought it was ridiculous until they actually realized just how much of a sweat you work up while doing it!

My daughter has the wii game and her ex-football player weight pumping boyfriend was making fun of her doing so she dared him to give it a try. He only lasted 20 min!!
  • Trev87
    Trev87 Posts: 9
    Options

Lol, never tried it for a console, it looks interesting. The music itself though just makes me want to get up and dance now, it's crazy how addictive zumba really is.
  • cnklapper
    cnklapper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Zumba. Is. Awesome. I started it a year ago and have lost 25 pounds since. I wear a heart rate monitor/calorie counter and can easily break 1000 calories burned in an hour class. Now a year later, I'm an instructor teaching my own classes. If you try it, I'm certain you will love it. There's just not an exercise activity out there that's more FUN than ZUMBA!