Unexpected NSV

Options
megjay18
megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
I was going to come to MFP today and write a post about how discouraged I was feeling today. I went to my normal 5:30 am boot camp class, but I felt slow and like everyone around me was in better shape. I've been eating right and exercising normally, and have even been seeing results - lost 6lbs since joining MFP and 11 lbs since re-starting the weightloss. But seriously, this morning wasn't a good feeling. I felt like I wanted to give up because..just BLAH.

Then, I come into work today and the first thing our admin says is, "have you been losing weight??" When I told her yes, she said, "Well whatever you're doing is REALLY paying off - you look great!"

It's crazy how one person saying something in passing like that can change your whole outlook and motiviation. So yeah, i'm feeling pretty good now and ready to keep going!

Replies

• anemoneflynn
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    One person can make all the difference! We should always try to find something positive to say to everyone we know. THink how much happier we would all be!!!!!! Keep up the hard work! Everyday it is our choice to have a good or bad day!
  • chichi1967
    Options
    Thats the best words to hear when your feeling down.. I had that happen a month ago.. I didn't lose any but I must of lost inches.. I gave that person a big hug.. last year I lost 14 pounds using mfp but then gained 10 back.. Im restarting which Im finding hard.

If you want a buddy - I sent you a friend request .. I need motivation not to be negative

Lynda
  • megjay18
    megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i completely agree. i try to compliment people all the time because you never know how their day is going and how much of an impact you'll have.

and yes - feel free to add me as a friend. i'm happy to give (and receive :) ) motivation and encouragement!
  • Tracey_Tee
    Tracey_Tee Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good for you hun ♥
  • carlamark
    carlamark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's great! Sounds like you needed that today. I was feeling unmotivated, too. It was difficult going to work and seeing the three people I hang out with the most had lost 20, 25, and 28 pounds over the summer. I'm going to keep trying, though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!