new here with binging issues. anyone else?

Options
Hey I'm new here

I was wondering if anyone else has issues with binge eating? Like not overeating or small snacks, but actual 1000+ calorie binges? I'm trying to find support or friends who can identify...

22 year old nursing student from Canada. I'm 5'4 and 163, highest weight. Normally I fluctuate around150, but I've been binging really badly recently.

This site seems awesome so far :smile:

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new here

I was wondering if anyone else has issues with binge eating? Like not overeating or small snacks, but actual 1000+ calorie binges? I'm trying to find support or friends who can identify...

22 year old nursing student from Canada. I'm 5'4 and 163, highest weight. Normally I fluctuate around150, but I've been binging really badly recently.

This site seems awesome so far :smile:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yes, been there, done that. It's hard to stop, but you can do it.

Here's some tips based on what helped me:
    1. Read other people's blogs about binging.
    2. Don't keep your binge foods in the house.
    3. Know your trigger times/moods, etc. I had trouble on Thrusdays nighs when my hubby was at church. I know that, and now I busy myself with exercise while watching the biggest loser.
    4. Chew gum- peanut butter is pretty gross when u have gum in your mouth.
    5. Don't start. If you've had dinner and you feel binge-tastic, just dont allow yourself to start down that road. Its easier to not start than it is to stop that train once its moving.
    6. Know that once you start, you can stop at any time. If you had 1 cookie and you have it in yoru mouth and you want to stop, just spit it in the garbage can, grab a stick of gum and move on. Same for cookie # 10. I read in another lady's blog that she would take food outside to the dumpster- mid binge. I remind myself of that sometimes when i need to stop mid way. ;)

Thats all I can think of. Good luck. :)
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    thanks for the tips

do you know of any specific blogs for binging by any chance?
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    wow...you sound like me!

21, gained my weight in nursing school, started here at 152, LOVED to binge...and a 1000 was easy to do! :laugh:

This site helped me with realizing how much damage I was doing. That along with the first couple pounds made a huge difference.

ETA: my tips
    plan all your meals and snacks out! (don't eat calories if you are planning on working out BEFORE you work out...just hold out for that "if I work out, I get this")
    Figure out triggers and find something to do in place of that.
    I don't keep food that takes less than 15 min to prepare unless it's fruit!
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    woo nurses. i'm so glad i only have a year left after this one haha

thanks for the reply. it sure isn't easy when people bring in hoards of baked good to our unit either :tongue:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    no kidding!!! And I "thought" I was burning so many more calories running the halls than I actually was :ohwell:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    welcome...try eating foods that fill you up and are low calorie...I just ate a bag of bird's eye garlic flavored cauliflower about 2 1/2 hours ago... if i feel hungry again, I'll just drink water... I have 84 calories left for today...don't want to mess it up now...if you feel like binging and you can get out of the house, go do something to get your mind off of eating and drink more water, you might be thirsty cause people sometimes get the two cravings mixed up...
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    omg yes that's how i keep trying to justify eating so much :/ i have actually gained 3 lbs this clinical rotation. blah
  • nissangal
    nissangal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat the white carbs, sugars you won't crave more. One cookie, donut or white bread
    and I know I am in trouble for the rest of the day.