Reward for yourself after you reach your goal

Options
Does anyone have any rewards (other than looking and feeling fantastic) after they've reached their fitness goals?

Mine is to get my motorcycle license and get a bike :) I figure it's a good excuse to get a bike and the extra motivation wouldn't hurt :)

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I really didn't reward myself during my weight loss journey and haven't done much since I met my goal, although my aunt did invite me horseback riding to celebrate, which is something I couldn't have done before I lost weight.

I wanted to do a makeover and get a whole new wardrobe (even though I hate shopping) but we don't have the money so I've mostly just made do with a few clearance items to get me by with clothes that fit and that's about it.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am trying to to do that...I need/want a pedicure but am waiting till that scale moves!! At this rate I will have ugly toes forever. :(
  • Revcminor
    Options
    Just getting back into my skinny clothes will be all the reward I need!
  • katnap05
    katnap05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My fiancee promised a new pair of shoes (preferably the ones in my profile picture!) after I reach the 20lbs mark. I am going to get myself a dream wedding dress after I reach the 30lbs mark. Can't wait!!!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I got my reward a little early...HRM and new shoes to keep up my routine. hahaha. Since I've gotten those two things, I can't afford a reward until my next goal!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Your reward sounds awesome!!!! A motorcycle! Ya-hoo! Setting a big reward goal can help keep you motivated. Best of luck!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    $500 clothes shopping spree (70lbs is a LOT of weight to lose & still try to wear the same clothes lol. I'm half way & already had to go buy a few new pairs of pants & tshirts) & a night out in a hot outfit!!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    One I hit 200 lbs (only 46lbs away!) I plan on getting my next tattoo. Once I hit my ultimate goal of 160/155lbs, my reward will be my wedding ^_^
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    I set small goals, and each small goal has a reward. For example: 200 lbs is a Just Dance 2 for Wii.

My ultimate goal (145 lbs) I am treating myself to a trip to Disney World with my Best Friend and his kiddos. It's going to be Fabulous!!!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Going to dress the husband up in a monkey suit and have new "wedding" photos taken in the custom made dress I was supposed to wear (before turning up pregnant 4 months before the wedding). http://jupitermoon3.com/wedding-kate-2008.html
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with cake and gin. Perhaps this would explain why my progress is slow-going :wink:
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Im going to go buy a really expensive item of clothing like GUESS or LUCKY brand jeans that I LOVE so that I wont put on the weight ever again!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    I set up rewards for milestones, but you know what, I ended up preferring weekly pat on the backs for every pound I lost. I've bought clothes for work as a result (necessity) and the joy of getting smaller sizes was enough.

But getting a motorcycle license etc is great!! They're fun :-P

I guess my 'rewards' are the many pairs of too-small and/or expensive jeans buried in my dresser :-P AND the penultimate reward for finishing my goal is letting myself go wedding dress shopping..
  • preciousperez
    Options
    My mom said she would buy me my clothes at least $500 worth. I am looking forward to it.
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    It's nice to hear what everyone has. I like the cake and gin :)

I am also getting married (summer of 2012) and I want me and my future wife to look our best when that day comes around. Who wants to remember their wedding day all fat ans sweaty? ;)

We're both motivated by that and I know she's working hard for it. That for me, is another reward I get to look forward to. The extra encouragement from friends and family also keep us going. It's awesome.
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my final goal that is 110 lb...I will get my self a nice dress and a pair of high heels. And maybe a small tattoo :) Actually I have not thought so much about this...will do now :)
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    I wanted to get a tattoo too so i can remind myself if I ever went "there" again. But my fiance is a party pooper :( Oh well. I still love her! lol
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    I really didn't reward myself during my weight loss journey and haven't done much since I met my goal, although my aunt did invite me horseback riding to celebrate, which is something I couldn't have done before I lost weight.

I wanted to do a makeover and get a whole new wardrobe (even though I hate shopping) but we don't have the money so I've mostly just made do with a few clearance items to get me by with clothes that fit and that's about it.

Cory - I think you should since you worked so hard! it's ok just this one time... :)
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    I would like to have a pair of miss me jeans they are pricey and I would never ever buy them now but if I stick to it and lose this weight I would buy at least a pair.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting corset lacing tattooed on my back. And a new wardrobe (whenever I can afford it)