Hip pain question

Options
So, last week I started doing Walk Away the Pounds again and I started to experience some hip pain and popping with each movement. The knee lifts seem to really do me in. I did the 5 mile advance walk challenge that day. Now I'm having some difficulty completing the 1 mile beginner walk. Does this sound like something that rest will cure or should I be seeking medical attention?

This is really my first work-out related "injury" and I want to make sure I'm not just wimping out before I go and spend a couple hundred dollars on x-rays and doctors visits. If anyone knows of any good ways to relieve joint pain, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!!

Replies

• meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Usually when I get that pain after exercise, I take a trip to the chiropractor because I've managed to rotate my pelvis a bit. Just be careful and make sure that you are adequately warmed up and taking even strides. Also make sure you keep your abs squeezed. It helps keep everything where it's supposed to be.
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What kind of hip pain are you exactly are you experiencing? Is it in the socket or on the outside of the hip.

I've had hip surgery, hip socket related injury, and I took Naproxen Sodium which is an over the counter anti-inflammatory when the pain was extreme.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Physiotherapy. I have loose joints & am constantly getting new joint pains, physiotherapy is the ONLY thing that helps!