Daily protein consumption of 66 grams, do you have any meal

ultraman123
ultraman123 Posts: 6
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
Hey there,

Well according to my MFP journal , my daily calorie goal is 1760 , and i have to consume at least 66 grams of protein.

However i can't make up a daily meal plan which suffices this goal,

Can you suggest any?

Mind you, i am a vegetarian (not a vegan) , that means i don't eat chicken or fish , but can consume dairy products.

thanks a lot.

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    hmmm i say make cheese your best friend?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I’m newly vegan and am hitting about 60-70g of protein a day, previously 90+.

Even after nuts, peanut butter and beans I am back to enjoying my whey protein shake for breakfast with 1 cup of soy milk which I love.

The great thing about soy milk is it has so little carbs! 7-8 per cup while 1% cows milk has 25-28! I’m also finding it much creamier. I guess the first time I tried it in University put me off of it for years but now that I’ve suddenly become vegan w/o the vegetarian baby step I wish I hadn’t given it up for so long considering my past love of cereal.
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Protein shakes
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Cottage Cheese and Greek Yogurt are high in protein and low in fat. About 20 grams of protein per 1/2 cup serving.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    If you're a guy, you should be eating more than 66 grams of protein. MFP's calculation is slightly lower than it should be. I try to aim for 90-120grams a day.

Whey protein is great. Lentils. Whole grains. Cheese. Soy.
  • ArlVAMom
    ArlVAMom Posts: 42 Member
    Eggs! 7 g of protein each.
    I love protein in my smoothies. I get Jay Robb Whey Powder and that packs 25g per scoop.
    You can also put eggs in smoothies. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I saw a recipe in a magazine this weekend. Try scrambling one or two eggs and putting in the blender with half a container of greek yogurt, some frozen berries, and water or fruity flavored Crystal Light. Blend it up. Yum! Apparently you don't even taste the egg, it adds a creamy texture, and adds protein!

Try subsituting quinoa for rice or couscous - it contains protein.

Greek yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt. Watch out for added sugar, though.

And nuts! I love nuts! Just watch your portion size. Healthy fats too. Almond butter is a great addition to the above smoothie. '

Beans are good but they also add up in terms of calories.
    Have you tried tofu? Also good in smoothies.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Edamame( Soya) beans have a great source of protein. half a cup packs in 9 grams of protein. i do believe. So Cheesy soya beans. Light Mild cheese makes 8 grams of protein for 1 oz of cheese.! so you could make a casserole of that and pack in 18 of protein!
    Normal beans have a ton too!. Making a hearty Tofu Chili with tons of beans will really pack in the right stuff. I can't tell you how much protein but alot. I haven't made tofu chili in a couple weeks....Kidney beans, chick peas and black beans, some firm tofu, Cajun, a can of crushed tomatoes and tons of veggies!. makes a great chili!
    if you drain off a bit of the liquid and put it on top of some lettuce. Think kind of like fajita salad. With light cheese! Oh Yes!. and adding light sour cream too. Oh so Yummy and i do believe sour cream has 2 grams, and light cheese with its 8 and I bet that chili would have at least 15!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Vega is a great vegan protein shake (carried at Sprouts and whole foodss but also online) Beans, Legumes, cheese, Greek Yogurt
This discussion has been closed.