Interval Running

Options
Hi!! so i started interval running and thought i would follow this program that i found as eventually il be able to run 10k as well as doing interval running along the way .

What does everyone think ?

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=1462924

If you have any suggestions please let me know!

Replies

• TrotterHelen
    TrotterHelen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looks a lot like the Couch to 5K running program which I just completed. Intervals work. Go for it!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Agree sounds like couch to 5k and I tried it for a couple weeks till I moved so naturally got off course but I bought an app for it which was called something like couch to 5k and it times it for you and i love it. So as your walking or running it beeps and says walk or run so you dont have to time it yourself all while still enjoying your music on your player :D I saw a big difference in my endurance during my short time with it and plan to do it again but complete it :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I do my own version of interval running and I love it. I started with Couch to 5K but decided to just stick with intervals because they work for me. Right now, I'm running 3 or 4 minute intervals and walking for 1 minute. I'm hoping to get to 6 minutes/1 minute, my final goal, in time for my first race, which is a 10K in October.