I'm New!

I signed up in March and that was the extent of my change, but today I finally hit rock bottom and decided to make changes effective immediately! I am very impressed with some of the encouraging posts I have read. I have 18 pounds to lose. At 44, I miss a fit, healthy body and now understand that no one is immune to the consequences of poor diet and lazy habits! I chose my user name as inspiration. I'm not exactly a "beach body" at the moment--unless I want to scare people! lol

Replies

• I signed up in March and that was the extent of my change, but today I finally hit rock bottom and decided to make changes effective immediately! I am very impressed with some of the encouraging posts I have read. I have 18 pounds to lose. At 44, I miss a fit, healthy body and now understand that no one is immune to the consequences of poor diet and lazy habits! I chose my user name as inspiration. I'm not exactly a "beach body" at the moment--unless I want to scare people! lol
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Hello, Beach Body and welcome! I am 44 years old, too. I think it may be a magic number. I've noticed several other 44 year olds on the site. I also want to lose 18 more pounds. I've lost around 4 pounds so far. I've been exercising, but didn't start losing until I joined MFP. Logging my food and exercise has made a huge difference. The message boarda are fun, too. A whole community of people with the same goals in mind. Welcome, welcome, welcome!! Bobbie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    When I was 44 I became depressed as my birthday approached. I had it in my head that the day after my 45th birthday I was closer to 50 than 40.

Well I am here to say 47 rocks!! I really hope 50 gets here (not too soon though!) I feel better than I have in 10 years.

So enjoy 44 girls!! You are beautiful and will be healthy changing your diets!!

00020121.gif
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Welcome to our little crew! Everyone here is so supportive and helpful and the site is super easy to use. I have seen great results since joining. Best of luck to you!!
  • Thank you sooo much for your encouraging note! I tried Weight Watchers several years ago and in retrospect, think I needed more protein than I ate. I stayed hungry! What advice can you give me about planning my meals?
  • Thank you for your message! What a difference encouragement can make!
  • Wow! You have accomplished amazing things already! I look forward to reading more posts like yours. I hope to be well on my way to that beach body by my birthday in June!
  • Thank you for your encouragement!!!! This is going to be a "fun" challenge for me with new friends!
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    For myself, I've had the same advice re: more protein as a snack to help with the hunger. It does seem to help. The protein takes longer to break down and digest. I try to have a little cheese, some turkey or chicken, maybe a few almonds, for a snack. I've even had a protein drink as a snack. There are also some good snack bars with higher protein, but you have to be careful you aren't getting the equivalent of a candy bar! Hope that helps! Bobbie
  • HI
    I JUST COMPLETED MY FIRST WEEK - I HAVE LOST 4LBS AND I AM NOT OVERLY DOING THE EXERCISE - A GOOD POWER WALK OF 30 MINS BY DAYS A WEEK AND THEN WITH THE HOUSEWORK AND RUNNING AROUND - I WAS ONE THAT DID NO EXCERISE AND LOVE MY FOOD.

I WOULD LOVE TO BE AT 150LBS FOR CHRISTMAS THEN AFTER THAT TRY TO GET TO MY 145.

I NOW ONLY HAVE 15LBS TO GO.

THE SUPPORT FROM THIS SITE OVER THE LAST WEEK HAS JUST HELPED ME SO MUCH - YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

THE 1964 CLUB WILL DO IT!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome back! :flowerforyou: