Anyone got any Christmas gift ideas?

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
I am racking my brain, trying to work out what to get my boys this year for Xmas, they are 11 & 17 years old, and heavily into computers!
I am trying to think of things unrelated to computers for a change, as both my hubby and I usually buy the latest console, just for once, be nice for them to not have a clue what they are getting.
I have already bought some games for their Wii, a remote control helicopter for the 11 yr old, a set of weights for the eldest, but that's about it.
what with the recession taking its toll, and shops closing down, I've decided that I'll go round the shops looknig for bargains next weekend and see what I can find, but I'm not looknig forward to the mad rush that has already started, and the panic of all the shoppers out there :grumble:

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    I am racking my brain, trying to work out what to get my boys this year for Xmas, they are 11 & 17 years old, and heavily into computers!
    I am trying to think of things unrelated to computers for a change, as both my hubby and I usually buy the latest console, just for once, be nice for them to not have a clue what they are getting.
    I have already bought some games for their Wii, a remote control helicopter for the 11 yr old, a set of weights for the eldest, but that's about it.
    what with the recession taking its toll, and shops closing down, I've decided that I'll go round the shops looknig for bargains next weekend and see what I can find, but I'm not looknig forward to the mad rush that has already started, and the panic of all the shoppers out there :grumble:

Does anyone have any suggestions ?
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Hey, I could always start practising 'bah humbug' instead - not too sure my kids would thank me though :laugh:
    I hate this time of year - not Christmas itself, but the whole preparation, working out what to buy is great, but I hate the traipsing round shops and battling my way through the crowds - I don't do crowds at the best of times :blushing: went to Asda last night for my usualy weekly grocery shop, spent an age looknig for a parking space, a longer age searchign for a trolley, and then the queues - 1 whole hour standing there, waiting for an available cashier! :grumble:

Ah well, I'm gonna look on good ole ebay for some inspiration and with any luck, save myself a trip out in the crowd :wink:

Hope everyone gets through the next month ok :drinker:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest going online to get some ideas before heading out to the stores.
    You can buy them some movies, CDs, A board game or two for the 11 year old. That's all I got:tongue: If I think of more I'll let you know.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I was going to suggest going online to get some ideas before heading out to the stores.
    You can buy them some movies, CDs, A board game or two for the 11 year old. That's all I got:tongue: If I think of more I'll let you know.

Thanks Adrienne, I've been looking on ebay and got quite a few ideas, the trouble is, both are heavily into technology, I've been looking at Ipod nano's/touch's, wii games and accessories, and lil gadgets.
    I tried board games last year, and my youngest son told me they are called board games cos they're 'bored games' :grumble: I did bring my children up to speak their minds :blushing:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I tried board games last year, and my youngest son told me they are called board games cos they're 'bored games' :grumble: I did bring my children up to speak their minds :blushing:
    [/quote]

:laugh:

This discussion has been closed.