I have a question for the ladies regarding TOM ugghh

2»

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I don't skip the weigh in during TOM because I want it to still remind me to be good, but I don't log the gains.
  • no fun. It also sucks bc in a few days i'll start and right now my body is like, " I refuse to be full and you will be hungry 24/7 for a few days and you will only want french fries, pizza, and chocolate." :(

Ugh.. me too!! I hate TOM! I soooo want to quit being a woman! (I even say it out loud every month!!!)
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    It's normal for your weight to fluctuate and this is why so many folks only weigh in once a week, every other week, once a month, etc. I'm a compulsive weigher... really, every time I go in the bathroom. The scale is like... "Just step on me... it's okay." LOL

Anyway, I only record a gain if it stays with me for 3 or 4 days. I figure by then it's stuck. In most cases, it passes, so I would assume it was water weight or excess waste bringing me down.

I usually don't have a loss during TOM and see 2-3lb sometimes even 4lb variances, especially if I don't get all my water or eat heavily.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    I will not weight next time Tom visits. Last time I gained a full 5 after Tom got here and that stuck around a few days. It had been particularly hot here and I had been increasing (craving) salt intake so go figure. I could never understand why they call "P" MS, not "D" MS. Haha!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    I will not weight next time Tom visits. Last time I gained a full 5 after Tom got here and that stuck around a few days. It had been particularly hot here and I had been increasing (craving) salt intake so go figure. I could never understand why they call "P" MS, not "D" MS. Haha!
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    hikeout ... you're too much!!

As for the rest of you ladies ... I'm with starracer23, I actually lose weight the day my period starts go figure. The only nice thing that comes out of this misery,

I'm actually having a problem, where I'm just not hungry ... like at all. I have no desire to eat when I have cramps, and even though I exercise, I have no desire to eat due to the bloated feeling. It's even hard for me to drink water, which is never a problem.

Hang in there, weight fluctuates, as long as you know what the deal is ... don't let it freak you out too much!