Healthy egg salad and tuna salad recipe?

Options
farrellb2
farrellb2 Posts: 120
So I really like egg salad, but my family uses regular Hellmann's mayonnaise to make it, I was thinking of trying that new Hellmann's olive oil stuff instead-has anybody used this? Does it taste just like regular Hellmann's?
Also I wanna make some tuna salad but again my family uses regular mayonnaise, and I add a diced up Dill pickle spear. what do you add to your tuna salad...I'm extremely picky (my mom tells me I have the 'pickiness' of a 5 year old) but I wanna try new things.
So please share your recipe for egg salad and tuna salad

Please help! Thanks

Replies

• mizare
    mizare Posts: 5
    Options
    My lunch every day is tuna, cucumber and extra light salad cream. I weigh how much salad cream I put in and 30g per whole tin of tuna is just right for me.

Delish!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't have an actual recipe but I can only suggest to make it with less mayo, try substituting greek yogurt for some of it.
  • Pucker508
    Pucker508 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love the skinny taste egg salad recipe, and I don't even use the scallion:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/skinny-low-yolk-egg-salad.html

And I love hungry girls scoopy salmon salad; but I use tuna instead:
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1544
  • rdmchugh
    rdmchugh Posts: 76
    Options
    Avocado Egg Salad from http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Avocado-Egg-Salad.aspx
    is easy, very tasty and no mayo!
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • farrellb2
    farrellb2 Posts: 120
    Options
    First thanks everybody for the suggestions I'm going to try some of them this weekend,
    Secondly I loved that website "Skinny" It's awesome and hugely convenient right now..my best friend is going through a bad break up and desperately needs some healthy comfort food and my first attempt at the healthy comfort food is the berry smoothie, (I cant cook to save my life so I'm avoiding the recipes that require huge amounts of cooking)
  • momofclaire
    momofclaire Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was once also a Hellman's Original Mayo addict. I have since broke myself of it & now only use the Light version. To decrease my calories even more I sometimes split half light mayo with half plain lowfat yogurt or fat free sour cream. Make sure you are really watching your portion sizes when using the mayo as it sneaks up on you fast. I have come to realize that I do not need to add as much as I thought I did before. Add a little mustard for flavor. Good Luck!
  • nvhajjar
    nvhajjar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good on ya girl. I too LOVE pickles in my tuna salad!

I've found in the past that using half mayo and half hummus gives a really delicious flavour, and it's not so bad on the calories. Also, replace the mayo with a fat free salad dressing... you wont need as much of it because it will mix better, and it can really mix up the flavour =)