Burning feet while "ellipticizing"

Options
2»

Replies

• Hattie2879
    Hattie2879 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's experienced this. :embarassed: I'm gonna try loosening my shoe laces, see if that helps. If not, perhaps I can try a different pair of shoes. We'll see.

Good topic by the way! :smile:
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    i go forward for 3 min then back for 2 it seems to work as ur consentrating and you also use diffrent mucles makes time go a lot faster to :)
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Its your shoes. Play with the tightness/liners to give you more space.
  • livlinde
    livlinde Posts: 39
    Options
    ugh... saaaaame problem. i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    When your leg falls asleep, it's because it been "compressed" for a long time. Same thing with feet on the elliptical. Since your feet aren't really leaving the pedal (maybe the heel for some) then the compression of your weight on top of the toes and mid foot will eventually cause them to numb. The easiest resolve is to just jump off for a couple of minutes to get blood back into the area them resume. Pain in the butt, but as you lose weight it will subside.
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes! It happens to me. However, I have figured out how to make it stop. If you warm up really well before you start (like yoga) and stretch your feet and heels really well, it minimizes the effect. You may feel it for the first 5 minutes, but the longer you stay on, the less you feel it. Also, when I bought new shoes and lost about 10 lbs, it went away totally. Don't give up! Try water aerobics if this does not work for you!

I had the same problem. The stretching helped me too. Once I lost some weight it went away. I rarely get it now unless I have gone a long time without doing that particular exercise.