Replies

• Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Wow, how did you even find this thread from 2 months ago? You must have been REALLY bored!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Eating multiple times throughout the day may not magically boost your metabolism, but I've always noticed that eating consistently keeps your energy levels up where as if you eat 1500 calories once and not eat for the next 12 hours at the end of the day you'll be exhausted. Less energy means you're motivated to do less and, as a result, burn less calories.

I agree with you, but it's not true for everyone. It's true for ME, certainly. Some people feel fine when they eat once a day.
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump . Must read later :)
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Eating multiple times throughout the day may not magically boost your metabolism, but I've always noticed that eating consistently keeps your energy levels up where as if you eat 1500 calories once and not eat for the next 12 hours at the end of the day you'll be exhausted. Less energy means you're motivated to do less and, as a result, burn less calories.

I agree with you, but it's not true for everyone. It's true for ME, certainly. Some people feel fine when they eat once a day.

I can say for me personally I used to be on the 6 meals a day plan, and if I went too long without eating my energy levels dropped and I felt like poop. Additionally, if I ever tried to strength training without having eaten, it was EXTREMELY hard. Now, after a few months of intermittent fasting, training in a fasted state isn't a problem at all, and even late in a 24-hour fast I don't feel bad or have low energy. I'm not sure of all the science behind it, but I know the adaptation happened very quickly for me.