Uhhh...kind of an awkward question for you guys.

Options

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Would you include the 15 seconds of s_ex AND the ensuing 20 minutes of crying, or just the first part?

Is that supposed to be an insult? If so, it's not a very good one and also not helpful.
    If it's just supposed to be funny, then good work.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't. I have my activity level set to "light-active" and therefore only track actual exercise, no cleaning, no walking, just "workouts".
  • MDS0910
    MDS0910 Posts: 71
    Options
    My MIL is on a fitness site which that is one if the choices under cardiovascular exercises. :-)
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I told my wife about it and she said, 'How many calories can you really burn in 3 minutes?" and then left the room. I sat there and pondered her response... was she serious? was I just insulted? Is she going to make me a sammich? Then, in typical guy fashion, I realized she was right, not a whole lot of burn for the time.
  • superflyrbi
    Options

I didn't mean for you, I meant for me. the 15 seconds? Why bother. But crying burns a lot- it's along story, sneaky uncle, cough syrup, Fluffy my hampster. Probably not the place....

Ok, now that is just damn funny.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I would only track it if it isn't something you normally do.

Yeah. Admit THAT. :smile:

hah!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    People log it as dancing on MFP so next time your news feed shows you one of your 'friends' was dancing, make a winky face at them ;)

* I found this out when I legitimately went to Zumba and logged it as dancing, the closest match and my FP pee’s let me know.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options

I didn't mean for you, I meant for me. the 15 seconds? Why bother. But crying burns a lot- it's along story, sneaky uncle, cough syrup, Fluffy my hampster. Probably not the place....
    [/quote]

haha
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Would you include the 15 seconds of s_ex AND the ensuing 20 minutes of crying, or just the first part?

Is that supposed to be an insult? If so, it's not a very good one and also not helpful.
    If it's just supposed to be funny, then good work.

Hahahaha!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I log it as forearm strength training.
  • superflyrbi
    Options
    I log it as forearm strength training.

I think she meant with a partner. ;)
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Why can't people just say they had sex and want to know what the calorie burn count would be?

I suppose it would depend on what position you were in and how much you moved around.

Missionary probably burns more for the guys than the ladies. And vice versa.

Jeeze....
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I would only track it if it isn't something you normally do.

Yeah. Admit THAT. :smile:
    Yea...ok. It's not something I normally do. There....*crying* are you happy now?
  • calih1983
    calih1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bahahaahaha great thread! I was discussing this with my hubby last night actually and we found that like others said its only like 40/hr and like so many others that's hardly anything when broken down to the 3 minutes we get... but heavy making out does burn a fair amount... if your partner isn't too tired that is...
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I never log exercise lasting under 5 minutes no matter how vigorous ;-)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If that's all you're thinking about while having it...then you need a better partner.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I never log exercise lasting under 5 minutes no matter how vigorous ;-)
    Yeh but your one forearm is so much bigger than the other, right? Might as well get the burn for it, you know?

I switch hands to avoid that ;-)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I know what it takes to burn 100 calories, and no sex in the world, unless you're doing it while running on a treadmill, is going to come close to that.

If you're going to count every little daily activity as a workout, you're going to have some trouble, especially as you get closer to goal.
  • realirish
    realirish Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm.....the only thing close that I can think of (now, don't laugh) would be biking! Who can be accurate with an exercise like this????
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    Hmmmmm.....the only thing close that I can think of (now, don't laugh) would be biking! Who can be accurate with an exercise like this????

next time im doing it im gonna start peddling my legs and see what my boyfriend says lol