How do we feel about bagels?

Options
2»

Replies

• jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have been eating bagels now for 2 weeks and havent noticed a gain yet if I do I will go back to my normal breakfast. However in comparison to my norm I am getting 50 calories more, a few more carbs, few less protein and more sodium but overall its not that big a difference in either category to change it back. Plus I very rarely go near my carb intake for the day and I buy wheat bagels.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    anything with white flour will deter your weight loss/health goals. so, yeah, bagels are in that group.

There are 100% whole wheat bagels. Those won't fall in the "white bread" category.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Asiago cheese bagels (I don't add anything extra) are one of my most favorite, and most common, breakfast foods. :heart:
  • malaird
    malaird Posts: 2
    Options
    Thomas Bagel Thins, they are only 110 calories, I either make a breakfast sandwich or eat with low fat cream cheese.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I like 'em, but I don't eat 'em very much. If I do, I but the whole grain mini ones.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    anything with white flour will deter your weight loss/health goals. so, yeah, bagels are in that group.

There are 100% whole wheat bagels. Those won't fall in the "white bread" category.

You need to look at the ingredients...Many "whole wheat" bread products are actually white flour with color added... :flowerforyou:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

You need to look at the ingredients...Many "whole wheat" bread products are actually white flour with color added... :flowerforyou:
    Yup, this is true, you need to look for 100% whole grain or 100% whole wheat. Whole wheat or multi grain still has enriched flour usually. Just read your ingredients.
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Im a runner, I need the calories. They are great for quick energy. If you dont do high energy burns, dont eat them :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

I read ALL my labels, thank you. Since there are things I won't eat (like high fructose corn syrup) I read ALL my labels.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Bagels are the enemy...
    *wink*
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    BAGEL THINS!!!! You must get them! They are good, and less calories! I have one every morning with an egg, canadian bacon and cheese, or just weight watchers cream cheese, and sometimes butter spray. Love em!

Yes. 100% whole wheat with butter spray.

Also....
    Ramona V. Flowers: This is good garlic bread.
    Scott Pilgrim: Yeah, I think garlic bread would have to be my favourite all-time food. I could eat it for every meal. Or just constantly, without stopping.
    Ramona V. Flowers: Then you'd get fat.
    Scott Pilgrim: No, why would I get fat?
    Ramona V. Flowers: Because bread makes you fat.
    Scott Pilgrim: Bread makes you fat?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • strongissexy1
    Options
    Dempster's has bagels "Body Wise" that are for weight managment and they're whole wheat. Pair it with Laughing Cow light cheese and it tastes the exact same as a regular bagel with fatty cream cheese
  • catsinpajamas
    Options
    It's because they're not very nutrient dense and they don't keep most people full as long as other choices. I say, unless you're noticing a trend where you're eating significantly more on the days that you're also eating bagels, and unless you're not making sure to get your nutrients elsewhere AND they fit into your calorie goals for the day-- then go for it, what the hell.