Which is worse for me????

Options
So, I specifically titled this "which is worse for me" instead of "which is better for me" because I'm well aware that neither of these are "good" for me. But... it's that time of day... 2pm... my morning coffee has worn off and I'm starting to drag. At work I have 2 beverage options to keep me awake at this point of the day... Monster or Soda (the coffee here is too terrible to consume more than one cup a day).

So what is worse? Monster "lo-carb",10 cal per serving, or Coke Zero, 0 cal per serving

Thoughts????

Replies

• maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would go with the Coke Zero. I just personally don't trust those energy drinks! And Coke Zero is sugar free and no calories. Sure it's not GOOD for you but I drink soda all the time, I think it's fine.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would think the Monster drink would be worse.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i don't know man, i know you are asking a specific question, but don't you think something is real wrong if you need these products to help you stay awake?

that's pretty bad.
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i personally would chose neither and stick with water. i know it doesn't help with the whole "wake-up" part......but yeah.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Monster has more chemicals and Coke Zero is 0-carbs so who cares about no carb.
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Monster makes an "Absolutely Zero" Energy Drink. No calories.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of the energy drinks because of all the crap in them. I would go with the Coke Zero. But if you like root beer. You should try Zevia Ginger Root Beer..which is made with stevia. Available in the Kroger here or Whole Foods.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Why don't you see if a glass of water perks you up, first?

If that doesn't work then have whatever one you like better. I doubt there is a significant difference.
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WATER WATER WATER!!! The 50 million trips to the bathroom will keep you awake!! =D
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    i personally would chose neither and stick with water. i know it doesn't help with the whole "wake-up" part......but yeah.

Agree!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    well neither are healthy, the monster has alot of unregualted stuff that if you are sensitve to those thing can be real bad.

that being said as long as the monster is low carb i am grabbing it :laugh: well unless i have time to run to the store for a zero carb Rockstar
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the same problem, so i'll grab a powerade no calories. For some reason they always perk me up
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Sugar is Bad. Caffeine isn't wonderful, but it's better than sugar. I'd go with the coke zero. Or better yet, a nice glass of iced tea (it's cheaper!).

Also, if you're losing energy halfway through your afternoon, try eating more protein & fewer carbs at lunch, and keeping a small snack (also something with protein) on hand for when you start to feel tired. Carbs provide quick energy, but it can fade and leave you tired (a high & then a crash). Protein provides slow-burning energy that sustains you longer.
  • peacestar84
    Options
    Monster is by far the worst, just read the ingredients. But you should need neither! Having healthy snacks to keep your blood sugar in a good. Drink water and eat something and you should be able to stay awake. i have eliminated caffeine from my life for 7 years and have stayed awake just fine.
  • BerkleyEL
    BerkleyEL Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the soda over the "energy" drink... unless you have some way to get in a glass of H20 first.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I would personally go for the Monster, but that's just me.
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    WATER WATER WATER!!! The 50 million trips to the bathroom will keep you awake!! =D

LOL :laugh: :laugh:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i don't know man, i know you are asking a specific question, but don't you think something is real wrong if you need these products to help you stay awake?

that's pretty bad.

I agree. If possible, it might be better to try going for a walk or something. Even just a five-minute jaunt around the building (especially in nice weather) can do wonders for that 2pm slump. Having something good, such as a protein shake or bar, or some fruit or veggies might also work better than going the caffeine route.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i vote for coke zero, i have to have my caffeine and its one thing i always allow myself
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    If you really need the boost the has a monster or a few sips of one. but dont do this everyday. Try to get more sleep. :)