Hello my name is Lindsay and I am a salt addict

Options
lind3400
lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
Ugghhh I love salt!
Cookies, Ice Cream, Chocolate I could care lesss about, but you put a bag of chips in front of me and Im done. I'm finding it really hard to avoid salt, really hard. I stopped eating chips but I find myself putting alot of salt on my food like fish and vegetables. Any tips for snacks that are low salt or taste just as good salt free?

Replies

• randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have no tips but I am in the same boat. I LOVE salty things, chips, pretzels, watermelon, peaches, raw cabbage, I will put it on anything!
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I can't really help ya with the not putting salt on things. Because I HATE salt. I love chips and stuff. But I never put salt on my my food and normally when baking put less then called for. Once I put to much in my gnocchi and I had made ALOT. But I didn't want to waste it so I ate it. I was breathing salt for days. Ever since then I have not put salt on any of my food. : )
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm also a salt addict, but I've tried to stick with foods and snacks with lower sodium. To avoid grabbing the salt shaker, I reach for the pepper shaker when I'm tempted to add salt to my plate...it's not the same as salt, but adds a nice flavor. I'll always love salty foods, but the cravings do get better as you make yourself eat less and less of it.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love salt to but i try to add mrs. dash on stuff that i normally would put salt on and it really helps they have all kinda of mrs. dash now:)
  • MynMx
    MynMx Posts: 2
    Options
    I also have a salty tooth. I had the same problem when i started with MFP. What i have been doing is adding a lot of garlic to my veggies. I would satay minced garllic with some olive oil until golden brown and a little crsipy then i sprinkle it on my veggies. I also marinate a lot. I find it helps with enhancing flavour and taste.

My
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Hi! My name's Lyndsey too!! :) Anywho... one of my friends on here uses NoSalt... it's a salt substitute. Not sure how healthy it is, or what's even in it, but you may want to check it out and maybe do a little research!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love salt as well! A couple weeks ago I started using No-salt. There's a slight difference, but it serves its purpose. I also use Mrs. Dash to season things a lot. I really like the garlic herb Mrs Dash on things like chicken. Keep in mind though that your body does need some sodium, so don't try to cut it out completely. Good Luck!