SBF November 30. . .

Options
Morning, everyone. . .

So, for this week I really have to commit to getting in my exercise. For this week, one of my big goals is there is no just plain not exercising as an option. If I REALLY don't want to leave the house, I have a plan B for all of my exercise. Also, I'm making elaborate plans to not allow myself to come home between working and the gym. I've discovered that when I walk in the door, I'm done. So, I'm packing my workout clothes and lugging them around all day as extra incentive to use them on most days this week.

Today is cardio (I'm actually wearing my workout clothes to church under my choir robe, so I go right after)
Monday is bikram (luckily, it's the teeniest workout outfit ever, and I don't need to pack shoes)
Tuesday is cardio and upper body (either in the morning before work or pack clothes for it)
Wednesday day off. (union meeting)
Thursday cardio (same plan as Tuesday)
Friday is bikram (same as Monday)
Saturday is cardio/full body weights.

The plan Bs are cardio, sculpting and Yoga DVDs at home, immediately after getting home. (but I think by carrying workout clothes I can avoid this)

I have to break the hibernation cycle! I've been reading a lot about S.A.D., and that is what's causing the extra hunger and tiredness. I'd much rather get endorphins through exercise than medication, so I'm committed.

Also, water and vits everyday and trying to pack my lunch (I'm going to be a little pack animal, I guess):tongue:

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:

Oh, and if anyone is interested in joining this challenge, please feel free to jump in. We sort of state our weekly goals/intentions for working out and then check in daily with a new thread to say how we're doing.
S.B.F.=Stronger, Better, Faster

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning, everyone. . .

So, for this week I really have to commit to getting in my exercise. For this week, one of my big goals is there is no just plain not exercising as an option. If I REALLY don't want to leave the house, I have a plan B for all of my exercise. Also, I'm making elaborate plans to not allow myself to come home between working and the gym. I've discovered that when I walk in the door, I'm done. So, I'm packing my workout clothes and lugging them around all day as extra incentive to use them on most days this week.

Today is cardio (I'm actually wearing my workout clothes to church under my choir robe, so I go right after)
    Monday is bikram (luckily, it's the teeniest workout outfit ever, and I don't need to pack shoes)
    Tuesday is cardio and upper body (either in the morning before work or pack clothes for it)
    Wednesday day off. (union meeting)
    Thursday cardio (same plan as Tuesday)
    Friday is bikram (same as Monday)
    Saturday is cardio/full body weights.

The plan Bs are cardio, sculpting and Yoga DVDs at home, immediately after getting home. (but I think by carrying workout clothes I can avoid this)

I have to break the hibernation cycle! I've been reading a lot about S.A.D., and that is what's causing the extra hunger and tiredness. I'd much rather get endorphins through exercise than medication, so I'm committed.

Also, water and vits everyday and trying to pack my lunch (I'm going to be a little pack animal, I guess):tongue:

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:

Oh, and if anyone is interested in joining this challenge, please feel free to jump in. We sort of state our weekly goals/intentions for working out and then check in daily with a new thread to say how we're doing.
    S.B.F.=Stronger, Better, Faster
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My first goal needs to be to step away from the message boards! I have been sitting here and reading and responding for probably over an hour! I need to get up, get dressed, get packed, and then drive home! During the week I will go to the YMCA at 4:30 in the morning. I will do 15 minutes of warm up, 30 minutes of strength training (not heavy weights, but reps instead) and then 45 minutes of cardio. I do a spin class M, T, Th, and F. I do the Stairmaster for 30 minutes on Wednesdays. I will log my food and exercise and keep within my calories. I will also drink plenty of water. I think that covers it! I am now going to get up, get dressed, pack, and leave to go home! I'll check in again when I get home!!

Bobbie3223
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    My only goal for today is to get home. I am ready to get back to healthy eating and exercise! I have learned I still have no self control around sweets! My mom said she bought donuts just for me. Ooookaaay. When did I ever say I was a big donut fan? Of course I ate them. They were Krispy Kremes. I know I've gained 5 pounds at least. I think once I get off wheat and sugar again it will come off pretty fast.
    My goals for this week:
    get back to a push ups schedule
    exercise 4-5X
    no wheat or sweets
    Have a good Sunday! See you all tomorrow!
    MM
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I know I've been MIA lately, and it hasn't done me any good. I came to my realization somwhere between the chocolate muffins and the oatmeal cream pies. :embarassed:

So anyway, I'm starting the 4-week, Ten Minute Trainer series today as well as my 1400cal, high protein eating. Lets go! :drinker:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, my goals for the week: get my 2 miles in everyday.
    salads for lunch
    arm exercises at least 3 times this week.
    yoga the other 3 days and 1 day off resting

I don't have to work on the water, I'm usually pretty good about hydration. I am not so good about upper body strength workouts though.

Good luck to everyone on their goals. Today is the last day of hunting season. I was out this morning for about 2 hours and am going out for about the same this afternoon. I didn't see anything but the walking is great for you.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My first goal needs to be to step away from the message boards! I have been sitting here and reading and responding for probably over an hour! I need to get up, get dressed, get packed, and then drive home! During the week I will go to the YMCA at 4:30 in the morning. I will do 15 minutes of warm up, 30 minutes of strength training (not heavy weights, but reps instead) and then 45 minutes of cardio. I do a spin class M, T, Th, and F. I do the Stairmaster for 30 minutes on Wednesdays. I will log my food and exercise and keep within my calories. I will also drink plenty of water. I think that covers it! I am now going to get up, get dressed, pack, and leave to go home! I'll check in again when I get home!!

Bobbie3223

Hi Bobbie,
    I've taken to actually setting a timer when I come online. I get ten minutes twice a day (afternoon and evening) and twenty minutes in the a.m. with my morning coffee. That's still a whopping 40 minutes total on the boards and logging. . .but I shudder to think the amount of time I was spending here before I started using my timer.:wink: Oh, and 4:30 in the am? You're now my alarm clock hero.
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey, Viviakay! I did manage to make it home! Yep - 4:30 at the Y. I've always known I was a morning person, but was pleasantly surprised to learn I was a very early morning person! It has worked out great. My boys and husband are still sleeping, so it is no time away from them. Take care! Bobbie
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping on board!!!
    My goal for this week is 45 of cardio 4 days!
    Today - already done! and Monday, Wed, Thurs
    I hit are hard plateau then gained a pound and a half so this week is all about losing that pound!
    My other goal is to stay within 50 calories of my daily allowance! (right now I'm on track to be 15 under!)
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bobbie and Renae! And welcome back Rach - your new pic is so pretty!

I still need to figure out what my longer-term goals are for the next round of this challenge (are we thinking until the new year?). I would love to get to 100 pushups by then, and keep my weight stable or lose a pound. I had been thinking of getting another fitness evaluation done in December to see where my body fat is, and if I was able to improve on my cardio fitness since my last test in June. But I also need to stay focused on my project, so maybe I should not distract myself? I'm not sure yet.

This week's mini-goals will be to ease up on the sweets (the holidays and $@!% Girl Scout cookies knocked me off that wagon lately), keep up the pushups (week 6 level 2 this week), and get to the gym for classes 3 times. Also, I need to get in at least 15 hours working on my project... so I may not be spending a lot of time at home. It's just too hard to go back out once I get inside (you and me both, V).

So, it's sleeting now, but I have to go out so I can get some work done! Hope you all are staying warm and cozy. :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Okay, we made it home! It's good to be back and to be able to relax a bit! It's cold out! Okay not as cold as it is for you northerners, but it's cold for me!
    I am glad to be back in a place where I can better control what I am eating and doing. I'm going to try to start counting cals again tomorrow. I say that then I have a really hard time following through. I am going to give it a try though!
    So I will see you all tomorrow and I will probably post a couple of pictures of Alex on the horse too. :bigsmile:
    MM